Average kids for Second Freshener

Discussion in 'Mini Mania' started by Sonrise Farm, Oct 3, 2008.

1. average of 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. average of 3

71.4%
  3. had 4?

28.6%
  4. have you had some that exceeded?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    what have you guys averaged out of a 2nd freshener? If she had a single kid as ff, did the second freshening exceed your expectations?

2. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    As FF, 3 of my does twinned and 2 had singles....2nd freshening....2 with trips and 2 with twins.

3. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    I am praying for trips from all my does . . .trip girls . . . by the way . . .

4. rebelshope

rebelshope New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Wisconsin
    LOL you not asking for much :)

5. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    I believe in Psalms 37:04 :

Delight thyself also in the Lord, and He shall give thee the desires of thine heart . . .

:leap:
    even if he only gives me say 3 does I will be happy . . .

6. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    twins.......................

7. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    ok i am so mad.. i just wrote a huge thing on this

and its not here

8. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    would you . . .um . . . mind writing it again? I suffer from the need to know sydrome . . .you cannot tell me stuff like that and not clue me in . . .

9. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    i said you cant really tell much cause i've had all kinds of numbers

we decided to breed amelia to looney or kevin, im staying away from beau from gut instinct

but looney wasa quint and amelia was a quad so im not going to be surprised if she has 4 or five again..

i got my breeding chart completely done but i cant post it to the web
    so if anyone is interested in seeing it email me and i will try to send it to you

10. laststraw

laststraw New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    New Mexico
    LOL my sides are splitting!! What a beautiful syndrome to have... :ROFL: :slapfloor:

11. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    You never can really tell.

I have a doe that had twins, then trips, then 2 sets of quads, then twins

Another had trips her FF
    Another single then twins
    Another Twins both times

It really is a guessing game - but typically twins.

12. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    I've had 1 ff give me twins, 3rd f give me twins, 2nd f give me trips (same as that < ff) and ff give me a single, and I can't think of any more . . .

13. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    It technically depends on the doe, not the # of kiddings. I've seen FF go w/ singles, twins, trips, even quads! I've seen 2F go w/ everything imaginable.

14. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Yeah, it depends on the doe and what her health is like at conceiving. . . . We have a doe who kidded as a yearling w/ quads, 2nd freshener w/ quads again, and had triplets this year. I'm thinking twins is pretty much the average though. We had two sets of triplets so far this year and two sets of twins (from our Nigerians). From our three pygmy does, we had all twins (2 does, doe/buck, doe/buck).

15. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    Well what I was really trying to see if they remain consistent, or if the majority of doe's increase their # of kids, (of course that depends on age and sperm count . . .)
    So . . . . even tho at times I ask stupid q's, I'm just evaluating everyone's answers. :) I've had goats for 9 years . . . . even tho it's only been maybe 3 at a time and not a herd.
    I'm not exactly a greenhorn, but all responses are welcome . ..

16. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Yeah, I think it really depends on the individual doe. . . . some just consistently have twins every year and others, it changes. Strange how that is but I believe that how their health is at conception is the main determining factor. I also believe if the doe is stressed out, she either not conceive or have a small "litter". That's just my humble opinion though. . . .

17. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    Does flushing help or is that myth?
    I have thought of trying it, but didn't . . .

18. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Um, we don't do that. Our goats are fed small amounts of grain year-round and are of healthy weight when bred (if anything, they could be thinner!) But flushing (from what I understand of it) is when you give a doe more grain a couple weeks before breeding, if they are underweight. If they are of healthy weight then I don't really see how it would work. :shrug: That's just what I understood of it though.

19. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    “flushing” a doe before breeding season. This means the doe is on a rising plane of nutrition
    coming into breeding season. Flushing helps a doe to ovulate more eggs and conceive more
    kids. Obviously, this is not a good idea if the doe is fat to begin with. . . .

So your good Capriola . .. but i don't feed my yearlings/dry does grain . . . free choice (from a 3lb bucket) alfalfa pellets maybe twice a week so none of my goats are overly heavy, but good enough . . .

20. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    It is wierd how these girls figure out how many they'll carry, just like the buck does the figuring on how many doe bullets he shoots.

Tilly, my retired pygmy/nigi has never given me different sex twins...her FF was twin does, 2nd was twin bucks 3rd was twin does and 4th and last time was triplet does.
    Bootsie , Tilly's dam, also retired...FF single doe, 2nd triplets 1d 2 b, 3rd twins b and d, 4th 2 b 1 d, 5th single buck, th and last time triplet bucks.

My deceased pygmy Dolly..FF twin does, 2nd 2 b 1 d, 3rd twins 1b 1d, 4th triplets 2 d 1 b, 5th( this one killed her) twin does.
    Binky FF and before I got her, twins band d, 2nd twin does
    Angel very young FF...delivered a single doe at 9 months old

Tilly was a triplet, Bootsie a twin, Dolly a twin, Binky a twin ,Angel a twin, Bailey..NYB..a twin and Heidi..NYB.. a triplet
    Each of my bucks..Hank was a twin, Chief ..a twin, Teddy a triplet

Now wether or not the boys being one of multiples has any bearing on the number of kids IDK :shrug: