Awaiting my Doe - Due now or Feb 14th???

Discussion in 'Waiting Room' started by AngelGoats, Jan 19, 2011.

1. AngelGoats

AngelGoats New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Hello all! I have my first doe due soon. She lost her muccous plug last weekend, on Saturday, and was gooey for a couple days. Her ligs are just about gone, and yet her udder looks the same, teats are not full. I have taken the following pictures and was wondering if you all have any idea if I can expect babies now or not until Mid-February.
    Oh and last year we did the poll test, and no smell, she had 2 :kidred: :kidred: and tonight we did it again, and a light buck smell, so I am thinking :kidred: :kidblue: . Either way, just want them healthy!

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Attached Files:

2. RPC

RPC Boer Goat Breeder

The photos are too small for me to tell but if she waits till feb 14th she will have the same due date as one of my does. Good luck

3. AngelGoats

AngelGoats New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Thanks! I will try to get better pics this am. Also, is your doe showing any signs of impending labor?

4. peggy

peggy Senior Member

Aug 10, 2010
    B.C. Canada
    I'm no expert but that seems soon to loose her plug and the ligs to be completely gone????????

5. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    I can't tell by the pics, and am no pro, but I do recall my first 2 does that kidded in July were losing their plug for about a month before they kidded. Some days it was a little trickle of goo, others was long stringy mucus. And their ligs softened, but never actually went away, just started changing.

Only guessing here, but losing plug doesn't mean she's going to go into labor soon, based off of my experiences. And ligs can loosen early on, but not really go away. My girls all had udders weeks before they kidded, but their udders weren't full/strutted until they were getting ready to go into labor.

If she's bred for Feb 14th, then let's hope she waits until those little cuties are done cooking in there :)

6. AngelGoats

AngelGoats New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Ok, well here are the pics I grabbed of her today. Besides relocating to another spot in the pasture a couple of times, this is the only time I saw her move today. Let me know what you all think.

Thanks so much.....

Attached Files:

7. TinyHoovesRanch

TinyHoovesRanch New Member

She looks very sunken in!

8. AngelGoats

AngelGoats New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    I know, I am driving myself nuts! I in looking at the calendar, if she goes within the next couple days it is like 25 days until what I though was her due date. Now I am wondering if he did get her on the first try and this is what we have now. Also, I looked at pics from her last year and it was 6 days between her plug gooing and then her kidding, which would be tomorrow...so I guess the waiting game continues.

I am hopeless!

9. TinyHoovesRanch

TinyHoovesRanch New Member

Its always a waiting game lol. But she looks close.....Just watch the udder! I hope it fills and she doesnt wait too long to kid!

10. RPC

RPC Boer Goat Breeder

No she isn't and she still hasn't started her udder yet but she is a boer so that might make a difference since she isn't a large producer. I don't know. I do know I did have her ultra sounded and she was bred so she better be pregnant.

11. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    Unless she's one of those does that suddenly fills her udder as shes in labor I'd say February 14 looks about right. She sure is sunken in though so I wouldn't completely throw out the earlier due date..... just watch that udder. :wink:

12. AngelGoats

AngelGoats New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Actually, looking back at pics from last year, she did not fill up until the day she kidded, also, she does not fill up like most Nubians either. She was extremely sedentary today, so maybe tomorrow. We'll see!

13. jduwall

jduwall New Member

Aug 7, 2009
    she looks alot like my little nigi that is due Feb 15....Mariposa has sucken sides and a small udder....I was nervous she was going to early....but if yours is due Feb 14...then we are either good til Feb or Both of us have the wrong due date..... :shrug:

14. AngelGoats

AngelGoats New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Re: Awaiting my Doe - Due now or Feb 14th??? More Pics

Well I dug up some old pics to match to this year. One is today and one is from 2010. Let me know what you think. :scratch: :? :ponder:

Attached Files:

15. jduwall

jduwall New Member

Aug 7, 2009
    the udder from last year looks fuller to me....did she deliver close to her due date last year?

16. AngelGoats

AngelGoats New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    YEs she did, spot on..... so I figure if she does not go this weekend, then it will not be until the 14th. I just find it funny that if she kids say on the 22nd, that will be 23 days until her due date; which is about the cyle time, correct? I just know that last year the ligs, which I checked again, right side gone, and left side just a hair line; did not go anywhere until the last week. That being said, not only do they not follow the book, they do not follow their own story year after year. Also, when I went out to check on her just now, she did not want to get up. This is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo not like her, she is always standing at attention by the time I get to her. So yet another sign that something may be occurring???? I'm sorry, I am exhausting myself, I am sure I am boring you all! Thanks for listening!

17. peggy

peggy Senior Member

Aug 10, 2010
    B.C. Canada
    No probelm. We are here to listen and give encouraging words. We all know the feeling.

18. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    What was her breeding schedule....you say... she may of took ...on a prior breeding Date? If so... that will be more logical with how far along she appears to be...

Keep a close eye on her for sure.... :hug:

you are not boring us at all.... we are here to help.... :hug:

Get a temp on her ...... is she still eating?

19. AngelGoats

AngelGoats New Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Well, our buck was running at times, that you my dear hubby, with my girls! And then I get the proverbial, I think The Captain may have gotten Betsy.....If he did the due date would be January 24th. I am keeping a close eye on her, she is sunken in and continues to eat, very well. I will not over feed her, but if I gave her as much as she seems to want, then I would be over feeding her. She also seems to be pooing a lot, however, the peeing seems normal. She is that one doe that just drives you nutso. You love her so much and at times you want to send her away!!! I can't check her ligs today until my boys get home, it takes two of use to get behind her. I did see she had a bunch of gunk and of course bedding stuck to her rear today, so who only knows! I will let you know if I see any changes when I check her in a couple of hours.

20. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    January 24th....may be more accurate...I guess we will see...in a short amount of time...or... if she leaves us hanging til March :wink:

They do get messy later in the pregnancy...I swear they have a magnet back there...LOL :laugh:

Yes ....please do...keep us updated on her... :hug: