The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just purchased this doe (ignore the screamer in the background it is feeding time lol) we were told she was possibly bred for mid November. Then that she (previous owner) might of miscalculated and it might be mid December.

So my question is does this look like very active babies, aliens, or something else I should be concerned about lol.

Sorry for the link I don't know how to attach a video

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Definitely aliens! put her in a glass box to prevent them from reproducing! and be ready with the flamethrower! (Just to be sure you know I am joking)

It looks like babies to me, the movement is to "sentient" to be the mother's rumen (If it was her rumen I would be worried about WHO she eat). Do you know how to bump test?

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
Hey there...mid November is gone..im rooting for mid Dec. Babies are on the does right side. From that 2 second clip..i would say babies. But the best shot is from her rear end..so we can see udder, her points, tail and basic show of width on her sides. That helps alot. Does she have an udder? How tight is it? Is this her first? Someone on TGS could tell you alot more...with more still shots..k?

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey there...mid November is gone..im rooting for mid Dec. Babies are on the does right side. From that 2 second clip..i would say babies. But the best shot is from her rear end..so we can see udder, her points, tail and basic show of width on her sides. That helps alot. Does she have an udder? How tight is it? Is this her first? Someone on TGS could tell you alot more...with more still shots..k?
How do you bump test?

Not her first. I believe her second kidding, just her first with us. I will get some still shots tonight

·
Registered
660 Posts
The way I tell is reach under belly and feel right in front of the udder. If she's far enough along u can feel the baby move. That is the best feeling.Always makes me

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
To answer your question about the bump test...
-Straddle your doe facing her tail and interlock your hands under her belly right in front of her fore=udder and firmly jerk up and if you feel something bounce back it's a baby ... it's a quick movement not meant to be painful.. just like a ball bouncing inside a box
There's a couple of decent youtube videos on it if you look around.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Apparently she is a very modest doe and does not like photos taken back there lol. This is the best I can do alone. She does not "appear" to be pregnant enough to be due this month to me. He one teat is "swollen" like it might be starting to fill. With her winter fluff it was too hard to get a photo of it. We will be drawling blood in two weeks from our spring does and if she doesn't show anything by then we will draw her also

IMG_9214.jpg
IMG_9215.jpg

·
Registered
595 Posts
I agree with the others, try bumping her. At this stage in pregnancy you should be able to feel a kid easily.

The video *could* be a kid moving. Hard to tell for sure though.

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
I have differnt breeds of goats, and some crosses. What breed is she?
My myotonics. Dont hold their babies on their sides like my boers do. The myos tend to hide them in their inner flank area. My Spanish look thicker from the side, but thin from behind. I find them the most dificult to See baby movement.
The longer the back loin area..from the last rib to the hip.points. The more hiding area for babies.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
She is a myotonic. Below is a pic of how her tears are starting to "swell". Never had one begin to bag up like this before. If that's what it is at all

IMG_9216.jpg

1 - 14 of 14 Posts