Babies coming soon!

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by Laurel_Haven, Nov 24, 2009.

1. Laurel_Haven

Laurel_Haven New Member

Oct 19, 2007
    South Carolina
    Well it's that time of the year again and the babies are coming!!! :leap:
    We have 4 does due to kid about anytime now. I have been trying to hold off posting till I got good pictures of the does but it has been a very rainy month and rained for the past three days. Still no sunshine here. So I brought the does into the barn and did get a picture of each tonight. They are not great pics by any means but at least I got pics to show you. By now their bellies have dropped and they are posty as they are ready. We will soon have babies!!!

Anyway I am getting the kidding jitters about now waiting for the big moments to arrive and wanted to share this with you all... :wink:

First up is our Eowyn... she is on day 138 today.
    [​IMG]
    She is our drama queen and always needs to be treated special during her time. She loves to be moved over to the 'maternity area' and treated special and will even pretend like it's time just to get attention. She is our drama queen. :roll:

Then there is Warpaint... she is on day 137 today.
    [​IMG]
    Warpaint is a sweetheart and wonderful birther and mother. I LOVE this doe. She never complains about anything. And she gives me some of the prettiest kids ever born here on our farm. Only thing is I have only ever gotten twin bucks form her in the past. Every season the same thing... beautiful, colorful twin bucks. I SO want a doe from her. I will be overjoyed should she produce a doe this season. And should she give me twin does, words can't even describe how happy I would be. This year she looks like she has triplets. So I can hardly wait to see what she gives. So please send your doe thought to me and Warpaint for this breeding. :girl:

Mystique is on day 137 as well.
    [​IMG]
    This will be her first freshening so I am rather nervous yet excited about this kidding. I don't care what she has as long as it isn't a huge single buckling for her sake. I just adore this little girl and don't want her to be too uncomfortable her first time. So pray all goes will for us will you. :pray:

And then there is Panda also on day 137.
    [​IMG]
    I know, I know, what was I thinking? I guess I wasn't so now I will pay with lots of sleepless nights with 4 in a row. Just so they space them out and I get some sleep before going insane is all I hope for. This is my first kidding with Panda since bringing her in, so I don't know what to expect from her. Hopefully she is not another drama queen like some others. I am hoping for a buck and a doe from her, but anything she gives me will be fine by us as long as she is a good mother. That yet is to be seen as I don't have any kidding experience with her. But I am sure she will do well. She is a gentle soul. :love:

So that's our first 4 does due now until December... I will keep everyone posted as kids are born along with pictures! I just wanted to share my excitement and anxiety for my upcoming kiddings & babies that will be here very soon now!

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    They are really pretty momma's to be... :love: ..Looks like... you are going to have babies soon.....Happy Kidding.... :wink: :greengrin:

3. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Those babies will be arriving before you know it!!! I REALLY hope you get lots of :girl:

4. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Grr I'm soooo jealous I really wanted a doe to kid late this year since I get kid withdrawals!!!!

I will send :girl: :girl: :girl: :girl: thoughts your way!! :wahoo:

5. Laurel_Haven

Laurel_Haven New Member

Oct 19, 2007
    South Carolina
    Thank you so much! :hug:
    Oh I so hope to get does! I hope it's a doe year all around for everyone. :girl: :girl: :girl:

6. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    warpaint you are do for some girls :girl: :girl:

I bred all 5 of my girls with in 2 week of each other and 4 of them are in the same week 2 on the same day so I will soon know what you are feeling :hair: :GAAH:

Those are all pretty girls :thumb: :love: IF I wasnt maxed out I would be so tempted to get a doe from you :doh:

7. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    They all are gorgeous, but you know Warpaint is a favorite of mine! I am so excited!!! :leap:

8. WalnutGroveFarm

WalnutGroveFarm Senior Member

Sep 27, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    O man what beautiful does. Hope you get lots of :girl: :girl: :girl: :girl: . I wish you all lived closer to me, but of course everyone lives so far away. I have a doe on 139 so im right there with you. Good luck.

9. shanzone2001

shanzone2001 New Member

Nov 8, 2009
    I am jealous!!! Can't wait to find out what you get! Hoping it all goes well, especially with the new mama! :girl: :boy:

10. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    As round as all those girls are, I just really don't think a single is a problem for any. Haha Looks like multiples on all of them. Good luck! Can't wait to see what you get! How exciting!!!

11. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    You'll get :girl: :girl: :girl: :girl: :girl: :girl: :girl: !! :greengrin:

12. Laurel_Haven

Laurel_Haven New Member

Oct 19, 2007
    South Carolina
    Thanks so much everyone! :grouphug:
    Especially for all the doe thoughts you are sending my way... :girl: :girl: :girl:
    I may need it as I just heard from a friend of mine this morning who just had 2 sets of twin bucks born in the past week. I sure hope this isn't a sign of things to come. :GAAH:

I am not so sure about that. I am guessing a single from Panda and possibly Mystique. My girls were pretty round to start with. I tried slimming them down some before breeding and was successful with some but not all. :roll:

Oh how true is that. Everytime I find something I just LOVE, they tend to be half way across the country.
    But remember, I do make several trips to PA each year to visit kin folk. And we make a "goat transport trip" from SC to PA every Spring! :wink:

Thanks again everyone! And please keep sending those doe vibes my way!!! :girl: :girl: :girl:

13. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Well we'll see. I like to guess by how wide they are but some of mine are wide to begin with and still have litters. Good luck! Won't be long now!

14. goatiegurl*Oh

goatiegurl*Oh Senior Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Ohio
    Warpaint and Mystique are really pretty :) Hopefully you get some :girl: