Babies moved today!!

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by liz, Nov 23, 2007.

1. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I finally got Binky to stand still long enough for me to feel her baby(babies?) move!! So exciting for me when I get to feel that little flutter on my palm and the way she looked at me while the kid was moving was a look of "why did YOU do that?" Like she thought I tickled her....No matter how many times my girls become moms...I am still amazed the first time I feel movement....I almost feel jealous that they experience this and I haven't yet...God willing it will be me one day soon! Now, Binky is approximatly 102 days preggy...if it was the first breeding she settled with, if it was the second one then she is 85 days preggy which I'm thinking it has to be the first breeding because I have never felt movement before 3 months in my girls .....hoping for New Years babies and not end of January :D :p

2. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Looks like all kinds of curious views but no opinions or even any one else that gets excited to feel new life moving for the first time.

3. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Liz,

I love it and have been playing with Daisy's stomach almost everyday - I thought that I felt a kid move the other day, but was not sure, as she tightens up so bad when I mess with her belly it is hard to tell.

Be sure to let us know!!!!!

Allison

4. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    I love feeling babies!! Although most of what I "think" are babies is actually her rumen :roll:

5. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Where I can first feel the "flutter" is on the bottom of their bellies, just in front of their udders...it is amazing when you realize what it is...very different feeling than the rumen "rippling"

6. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    it was really cool last year when Whissy was expecting the twins. i was like "gosh what IS that, does she have a tumour or something?" it was a fist-sized growth on her side just in front of her hips, high up. I touched it - and it disappeared! It was one of the babies' heads! I have never seen a baby like that inside the mother... it's like it was visible, not just able to be felt!!!

7. laststraw

laststraw New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    New Mexico
    This year was our first for babies and I tried to feel for them, but never felt them move... DH did - wouldn't you know! :roll: And he would call me out but then I couldn't feel them move. Just my luck!! I'm so envious - but so very happy for you, too!! I always loved feeling my sister-in-law's belly when she carried my niece and nephew. I actually carried the ultrasound photos around showing people what beautiful skeletal structures they had before they were each born. :D Yeah, I'm a freak - but I'm not getting any younger and I am a little baby crazy...

8. K-Ro

K-Ro New Member

Oct 13, 2007
    Texas
    Congrats on the first movements!! I get excited when I see or feel it any time. To top it off Little Star is bred and I have no idea when she was bred or when she is due, but I seen movement for the first time 3 days ago and she is just getting bigger on me. Needless to say this was an accidental breeding-how I missed her cycle out of all my goats I will never know, but oh well as long as they are healthy it will be OK.

9. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

Don't you just LOVE those sneaky girls!? Well if you saw movement....I'm gonna guess a late January birth!!!! I am sure she'll be fine she did great the last time with 3...she'll be fine. I worry about Bootsie as Chief got her when I didn't want it to happen at all! She is doing good now but I worry b/c she is 7 years old....haven't felt her kid(s) yet...she's due Feb. 11

10. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh it gives me such a thrill when I feel it!!! The miracle of life!

I am waiting on my sister to annouce she is pregnant - at thanksgiving she said they were talking about it so I hope it is soon!!!!!

11. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Baby dust heading in your sister's direction.....When my sister was carrying my nephew her belly looked like something out of Alien!! You could actually see his bum move and his little feet pushing way out to one side as he was stretching!! It was amazing to say the least.( he is now 10 1/2 years old)

12. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    why thank you liz, hopefully we hear great news from them sometime soon :D