Babies Soon Here, Too =)

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by helmstead, Dec 6, 2008.

1. helmstead

helmstead New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Alfordsville, IN
    Well I thought I'd join on the torturous threads for impending kiddings :greengrin:

I have 5 does due in December:

Annabelle - Nigi doe. She doesn't have an official due date as she has silent heats and I never saw her covered. She has always given us singles...but she's HUGE this time. I THINK she's close.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Paula - GA Common Pygmy doe. We rescued this doe in 2007. Turned out she was bred when we got her and she kidded with twins. I didn't get a side view of her yesterday, but her belly is nearly dragging the ground. I think twins or triplets. Her rough due date is 12/14.

[​IMG]

Sugar - Pygmy/Nigi doe. Sugar has had twins the last two kiddings, but I don't think she's as big as she was so I'm guessing a single. She's a very wide and deep doe, though, so there might be two in there. Her rough due date is 12/13.

[​IMG]

Holly - Nigi doe. She always has singles, and looks like she'll repeat history this time. Her due date is 12/13, roughly. She has never passed on her color, darnit. She is a beautiful girl.

[​IMG]

Emma - Silkie Fainter doe. Emma is a secretive girl, LOL. You never see her go into heat or get bred. She's just had one kidding here, she's hard to get bred. Also, she hides very well how many she has in there or when she's going to kid. She has NOTHING of an udder...and you really don't know she's ready to kid until there's strings hanging. She twinned last time...I'm guessing the same this time.

[​IMG]

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh boy! I could never do december kiddings I think I would be scared the kids would freeze to death!

keep us posted

3. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Wow - good luck with all that! Glad that you are in a warmer climate!!!

Can't wait to see all the kids!

4. helmstead

helmstead New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Alfordsville, IN
    LOL That's why man invented heat lamps...no cold babies here!

5. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    So you will have to let me know which ones you are packing up and sending to me - K Kate! LOL!

6. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I wouldn't be surprised if Annabelle dropped triplets....those girls are so sneaky!

7. Laurel_Haven

Laurel_Haven New Member

Oct 19, 2007
    South Carolina
    My you do have some wide does there! It looks like some have triplets in there waiting for you.
    Best of luck on the upcoming kiddings!

And welcome to the :hair: club!!!

8. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I to........ am going to kid in a couple of weeks...I have no cold babies here...either... I use heat lamps as well....
    and they do just fine....If my boer kids are strong and suckling and always have full tummy's.... they have 3 nights with the heat lamp....that's it... :shrug: ...we have dipped down to freezing and sometimes a wee bit lower......
    But...if they are weak though ...and not getting enough milk.... then I wait until they are stronger .......before I take away the lamp.... :)

9. helmstead

helmstead New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Alfordsville, IN
    Liz & Tina - I would be thrilled to death if we had trips in there somewhere. We've only had one set of trips here, and boy oh boy was it exciting! I'm always happy to just take what I can get though.

Had my first false start tonight. From in the house, I heard what sounded like bellowing. Before I bothered to check the barn cam, I just jumped into my boots and ran out. It was the stupid donkey! Argh!

10. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    lol good luck, but believe me, you don't want anything more than trips! It's really crazy!

Looks like you will have some kids soon! :thumb:

11. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    i want my babies now.. my earliest is in february.. lucky people..

12. helmstead

helmstead New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Alfordsville, IN
    Are the planets misalligned? I know there are two visible in our night sky...are they to blame? It appears everyone is going to go past their due dates or, at least, maybe ON their due dates which is unusual.

Hahah...ok... :hair:

13. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    HEHEHE! I hope that they have them soon for you and that they are fast, easy deliveries!!

14. redneck_acres

redneck_acres New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Idaho
    I think our does plan to drive us crazy, making us play this nerve racking waiting game;).

15. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    any babies yet??

I dun ever want triplets again :( not after Will *sniffs*

16. helmstead

helmstead New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Alfordsville, IN
    No babies yet. Everyone is close, but just not quite there.

17. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I am so glad I am not there yet..........but then again I want to be waiting for kids so bad!

lets go girls :leap:

18. helmstead

helmstead New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Alfordsville, IN
    Here's my view from the bedroom TV into "Kidding Stall #1"...misery loves company.

[​IMG]

19. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    WOW it looks or sounds like someone will have a lot of sleepless nights coming. Good Luck. I hope it all goes easy as pie.