babies soon I hope

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by zatsdeb, Mar 16, 2008.

1. zatsdeb

zatsdeb New Member

Jan 19, 2008
    Lincoln Illinois
    well, I have 4 bred does, 2 are due the 11th of this month, march.... it is the 16th and still no babies, ligiments are pretty gone but felt that way since before the 11th. I went to check ginger and dixie, my husband checked and said that dixie was leaking a little so I went to check and dixie was not leaking now, but ginger had the string of mucas. Dixie is huge, I would say if she didn't have triplets I would be suprised, she is a triplet. Ginger on the otherhand is smaller and I would say maybe 1 baby.... twins ??? who knows. I am going to check again, last spring I had my first experience with my saanan doe, she had the string of mucas and didn't have her babies until a week later!!! And even waited until I was home, it was my husbands and my wedding aniversary, april 24th! These new goats ginger and dixie are boer goats. I don't know if they are different than the saanan's but I guess all goats are different in their own ways.
    I just hope I have some healthy babies. My neighbor lost 5 babies this kidding season, they bought new goats already bred, but were due in december and january and of course they had them on the coldest night of the year, and they 1 had triplets, lost 2, and the other twins, and lost 1. then a few weeks later her pygmy goats had babies, and they lost them too. total of 5. they were pretty sad. I am glad it is warmer now, and my goats are in a nice warm barn.
    Sooooo... I am off to check on them again, I forgot to check the udders last time I checked! Silly me!!!
    the pictures are my girls, dixie is the brown headed boer, and ginger is the redish solid color boer, the other 2 are sharabelle and Angel (angel is my first baby) they are both due in may.

Attached Files:

2. zatsdeb

zatsdeb New Member

Jan 19, 2008
    Lincoln Illinois
    picture of dixie, she is such a sweet girl.

Attached Files:

3. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Yes it sure looks like you'll have babies soon!!!! Good luck!!!!

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Healthy baby :baby: prayers :pray: coming your way

5. zatsdeb

zatsdeb New Member

Jan 19, 2008
    Lincoln Illinois
    I went out and checked the udders, I can't get over how much smaller they are than when my saanan was due! Of course she is a milk goat. They are round and full, not tight though. Do boer goat udders get tight before they kid? They are all tucked in their stalls nice and cozy. I guess I just keep an eye out. no signs as of yet besides the mucus. They are both eating fine, wagging their tails like dogs happy as can be!

6. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Hope they go soon for you! Yep Boer's udders get tight before they kid like the dairy breeds, just on a smaller scale.

7. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    I would bet that you have babies form Ginger today. If she had a string of Mucus, she should be pretty soon.

OK, I was looking at the pictures at the bottom of your posts, is that a deer that YOU have that the goat is with? That is a adorable picture. Can you post a bigger one of that? I would just love to see it?
    Thanks and good luck with the babies.

8. zatsdeb

zatsdeb New Member

Jan 19, 2008
    Lincoln Illinois
    lily is my european fallow deer, she belonged to a neighbor about 2 miles away, they had 2, and a miniature donkey, they got rid of the donkey and the deer left, and after a few months she found us, and my donkey, and she loves him, and us. they didn't take very good care of her, a bunch of men held her down and they cut the tag out of her ear, so she doesn't trust anyone, but she will eat out of our hands, and you can pet her if you are feeding her at the same time!! she follows my husband everywhere.
    I went and checked the goats again, ginger is eating, and so is dixie, they do look pretty moist and ready, but otherwise they are just taking their sweet time.
    it is raining now, thundering a bit, I thought that might be the time, making me check in the rain, walking through the mud to get the the gate!!
    good thing I have big chore boots!!

Attached Files:

9. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Thank you for sharing, the pic is beautiful!! Your girls will wait til you want to go to bed then decide they are ready! lol

10. zatsdeb

zatsdeb New Member

Jan 19, 2008
    Lincoln Illinois
    Re: babies soon I hope ....dixie is in labor!!!

went to check again... dixie is walking in circles and having labor pains, then standing there staring at me.. gettting down, getting up, think she is starting labor pains but I came in to post and get coffee, and a warmer sweatshirt! I have the heat lamp in the barn, it is a small barn, with stalls my husband built.
    it is 38 degrees here and raining a bit, I have towels to dry off the babies, if I don't go crazy first.
    My husband is at church at a mens fellowship eating corned beef and cabbage!!! oh well, he just tells me don't worry anyways.
    I sure hope this doens't take all night!
    she hopes so too... I can see it in her eyes!

11. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh boy! Babies soon :baby:

12. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    More babies for "my fix"!! yippeee!!!

13. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
  14. zatsdeb

zatsdeb New Member

Jan 19, 2008
    Lincoln Illinois
    no news yet, seems the labor pains have stopped? weird. she still looks funny, acting funny. 5am here, got to go to work so hubby is on kid alert. good thing I work close to home, I can come home in 4 hours for my lunch break!!! I told her to wait until I get home. at least it has warmed up to 43 now, and stopped raining.
    geeeezzzz! Waiting makes me crazy!!!!!!

15. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Babies soon! :leap: I have to go, I'll check back later. Hope hubby is competant, sadly mine isn't. Good luck!

16. zatsdeb

zatsdeb New Member

Jan 19, 2008
    Lincoln Illinois
    home from lunch, hubby just came from the barn and said they just are eating and looking at him, like.... WHat?
    I don't know, maybe false labor, the contractions if that is what they were, were not strong, just enough to make her stretch, unless that is what she is doing??? I am still new at this, even though I went through this last year!!
    back to work now, maybe when I get home we will have some progress!! My saanan did this last year, I think she was over a week from her due date

17. zatsdeb

zatsdeb New Member

Jan 19, 2008
    Lincoln Illinois
    no babies yet, I am wondering if I am loosing my mind and just thought she was in labor?? Maybe her due date is off , or I am off... My Rocker!!!!
    She seems very content, and just fine, ginger seems like she is more ready than dixie, they were bred about the same time. Every time I go check her she just wants me to pet her.
    I guess when she is ready she will be ready!
    :hammer: :hammer:

18. zatsdeb

zatsdeb New Member

Jan 19, 2008
    Lincoln Illinois
    Finally some babies!!!!

We have 2 baby girls... not to dixie or ginger, but angel! she beat them both!!!!! She was closer to her due date, so maybe the others will follow her!She is a purebred saanan and the babies are half boer.
    They are so cute!!!!
    Mother is doing great, being really good, eating, drinking, passed afterbirth.
    Maybe I will sleep tonight............. maybe!!!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

they are Ruth and Naomi

19. Udder Insanity Toggs

Udder Insanity Toggs New Member

Mar 1, 2008
    Saylorsburg, PA
    :stars: Congrats on your new :girl: :girl: arrivals! I wish I had more does to breed last fall, but at the same time, having only our twins to spoil makes for extra lovey kids :)

Kelly :)

20. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    very adorable. Congratulations on the healthy kids ---- hurry up you two!