The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two of my goats are (hopefully) going to kid soon! They both started giving me possible labor signs a couple of hours ago. Andi has 6 or more inches of mucus hanging and she is talking very quietly, when normally she is loud. Bailey is squatting a lot, and she is yelling in a voice I've never heard her use. So I'm really hoping for babies soon! I'm really excited and hoping I'm not wrong. I don't have an exact due date, so it could be another couple of weeks, but they're just not acting like themselves, and I just had to share, or I thought I would burst! Thanks for listening!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow! For once my instincts were right! Bailey gave birth to one beautiful buckling just about half an hour after I posted! Not quite what I would have chosen, but he's strong and healthy, and Bailey, a FF, is doing great! Plus, he has the most adorable waddles! Sorry, but you'll have to wait for pictures until tomorrow afternoon. He looks like a typical boer with a very dark head. It's getting dark now, and I have to be gone tomorrow. Now, I'm rooting for Andi to give me does soon! She looks like she might have her's by morning.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks! And guess what? I was right about Andi, too. She gave birth to twins about three hours after Bailey had her boy. She doesn't seem to be as enthusiastic about being a mother though. When I was out there she wasn't really interested in cleaning them. I am hoping she will get some rest and clean them now that I've left her alone. I didn't want to disturb or confuse her at all, so I don't know yet if they're boys or girls, but I'll know tomorrow and have pics of them and Bailey's boy if everything is going well.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No, this is not my first kidding, but I'm still very new. I had two does kid last Feb. and two in Oct. This is, however, the first time I was able to pick up on labor signs, so I had a chance to become excited beforehand instead of checking all of the time for a couple of weeks and never knowing when there would be kids and wearing down the fun of anticipation. I think this time I was more relaxed, so I got to be more excited than anxious. You're right though. It's exciting every time.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks! All three are doing great. They're so much fun to watch. It's amazing how quickly they start jumping and playing. :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts