The Goat Spot Forum banner

BABIES!!!!!

843 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  StaceyRosado 
#1 ·
I FINALLY have babies. Cally kidded this afternoon with a buck and doe!!!! Lyric kidded at 10:30 pm with a very LARGE doe kid. I didn't think she was going to get out alive. Poor Lyric as she is a ff two year old. She is up and feeding her new baby. Got too dark to get pictures of Cally's babies as family was down to ooh and aah over my new babies. So much for kidding before noon!!!! And so much for taking a week off for these does to kid. They showed me!! Going back out to play with my new babies!! Looks like no sleep tonight.
Sue

#3 ·
Wow, congrats on the new babies!!!! Do you show your goats? There are a few shows coming up here in Idaho. The club i've been involved with in the past is having an Alpine Speciality show along with a LaMancha and Nubian specialty. Their show is May 24th and May 25th. With a showmanship class for kids on the 23rd. The website is http://www.isdga.com . There is also another show in Homedale Idaho, and it is May 10th. Their website is http://www.tvdga.org

#6 ·
I am still trying to get my photo's posted but........................................I thought I had it but said the file was too big. Still working on that problem. I want to get back to showing. The ff needs to come into her milk and get some udder development in order to be competive. She has a cute little udder. Cally is a very nice doe. My husband takes the last 2 weeks off in May and said if there were any goat shows that I would like to go to he would be willing. There has always been a large local show about an hour away Memorial Day weekend that I use to go to all the time. I did assist Lyric with her doe kid. Presentation was proper but the kid is quite a bit larger compared to the twins. Weather here today is around 80...............and is that a bit hot for us!!!!!!! Goats are hot too. I'm always complaining about the rain and when we get decent weather then it is too hot!!!!! Thanks for letting me ramble...not much sleep last night.
Sue

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.