The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had one of my Boer does was due in June abort today. I'm hoping she has another in her because she only had one. I'm sad now. Is it possible she has twins and will only abort one or will she lose both?

·
Registered
56 Posts
My Boer doe had Miscarriage last year, only one aborted, was told by friends that she would be okay to breed again for this year... & was bred... I am still worried about her miscarrying again.. she is due in late May..

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well went out and checked her and she aborted the other baby 2 so she was carrying twins I'm so heartbroken. I was so excited about the pregnancy

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
She's been doing so good I have her and other doe separated from herd and each other so old what could have caused it

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
Have vet test for diseases that cause abortions.

·
Registered
56 Posts
:imsorry:

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
She is eating good and acting fine I gave her some fresh water and brushed her. Do u think I should try and breed her again

·
Registered
14 Posts
Both of my females aborted their babies last year. One was twins and the other a single. I was absolutely heart broken. Then my 1st and oldest goat died soon after. Last August was a terrible month until the 24th when I had a healthy litter of 3 Yorkie pups. Anyway, this year both girls gave birth to healthy babies. One had twins, the other a single. Mine are Nigerian Dwarfs and the babies are adorable. The twins are girls so my husband said we have to keep them because they're our first. LOL The singleton is a male so we will be selling him along with his daddy because we really don't have a way to keep them separated and we don't want daddy impregnating his daughters. Don't know what age is OK to sell babies since this is our first time. Appreciate any answers there.

·
Fair-Haven
4,705 Posts
Make sure babies are weaned since they are being dam fed. They should be eating grain and hay well. Also it's very wise to practice coccidia prevention and strongly consider giving them their CDT. I use 12 weeks as a general rule of thumb, but it depends on the kid's growth, independence, and how well they are eating everything besides mom's milk.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Make sure babies are weaned since they are being dam fed. They should be eating grain and hay well. Also it's very wise to practice coccidia prevention and strongly consider giving them their CDT. I use 12 weeks as a general rule of thumb, but it depends on the kid's growth, independence, and how well they are eating everything besides mom's milk.
Thanks so much!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts