The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am not sure if I need to be concerned or not. 24 hours we had a buckling born. I didn't notice right away but his ear doesn't look very good. I am going to try and attach a couple of pictures if someone could tell me what you think. The ear feels ok.

Attachments

·
14,615 Posts
Can you try "popping" it out? Get up high on the inside & sort of push on it.
If that doesnt work you can take two pieces of sturdy cardboard cut to the shape of his ear only a tiny bit bigger. Sandwich the ear & duct tape it.
Leave it till it falls off.

ps welcome to TGS & congrats on your adorable little guy!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My buckling with the really bad ear jas now starting to affect his twins ear. Now I don't know if it is some kind of infection. The twin ear is just very slight. Please give me your opinion.

Thank you
Rebecca Ramsey

·
Registered
29,873 Posts
Looks like what happened to my kids a few years ago, is it puffy? ...after a difficult birth...the blood settles in the ear...let it be it will settle and go down..do not lance it...

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The birth was easy as I have ever seen. I did send pictures to my vet this morning since his twin's ear looked like it was getting it also.

Thank you
Rebecca Ramsey

·
Registered
29,873 Posts
Glad her kidding was a good one, Im still leaning toward fluid filled ears......and it will go away on its own....sometimes the pressure of birth does this... it comes a day or two after birth and can take a while to go back to normal but is important they are not messed with much.. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts