The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a month and a half old buckling that was disbudded about 3 weeks ago. I got him about 2 weeks ago. I kept him by himself mostly for the first week until the others started to accept him. This week I've let him run with the others, but I noticed he has been butting heads with a few of my clan, looks playful... I've also noticed him scratching his head on a tree as well. I'm assuming that is what is causing the bleeding. I have been spraying it with peroxide, should I do anything else? Maybe taping them? Not sure. He's acting fine, eating well.

·
Premium Member
15,546 Posts
I would quit the peroxide, that's not necessary. I always spray blu kote on and that's it. I rarely have one bleed, but if they're rough housing and rubbing on trees, that'll do it. But no more peroxide. Do something like blu kote or a wound spray and leave it alone.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Something like SWAT salve will keep flies off it and also moisturize it so the scab doesn't itch. Ditto the no peroxide. Not in that location anyhow.

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would quit the peroxide, that's not necessary. I always spray blu kote on and that's it. I rarely have one bleed, but if they're rough housing and rubbing on trees, that'll do it. But no more peroxide. Do something like blu kote or a wound spray and leave it alone.
I don't have blu kote, but I can get it. Would an iodine solution work until I get some? I won't be able to get some until tomorrow. I'll stop the peroxide, I was just wanting to keep it clean.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts