Baby bunnies!

Discussion in 'Other Pets' started by Bianca, Apr 22, 2008.

1. Bianca

Bianca New Member

Oct 24, 2007
    I couldn't resist sharing this picture of my three little mini rex babies :)

Attached Files:

2. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    Congrats!Soooo cute!LOL I just bought a Dutch/Mini Rex cross doe for $5.I think she looks like more Dutch though.I have a question.How long will it take for her to settle down here?Sorry didn't mean to steal your post.

3. Bianca

Bianca New Member

Oct 24, 2007
    Thanks goatnutty. I'm not sure what you mean by your rabbit settling down. All of my rabbits handle switching cages very well, as long as they have food, water, a nice flat surface to sit on, and maybe something to chew on. If you mean that she is nervous around you, every rabbit is different. You can tell different personalities even as little babies. For instance, the rabbit on the left in the picture is very calm, while the one on the right is very jumpy and was that way even before he opened his eyes. Try to handle her as much as possible and she should get used to you. It also helps to cover a rabbits eyes while you handle them. It calms them down for some reason. Sorry if you already knew all of this. :) Just curious, does your rabbit have rex fur?

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    adorable. So do you breed them? I use to have rabbits and my mom bred them

5. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Oh they are adorable!!

6. Bianca

Bianca New Member

Oct 24, 2007
    Thanks! As for breeding them, I only breed once a year for show purposes. I would like to breed more, but unfortunately I can't keep them all, and there aren't many opportunities for selling them around here.