The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please help me -

Cadbury was born yesterday morn...we nearly lost him but with lots of warming (his temp fell really low) we pulled him through. He has been great all night and day, since then. Nursing, toddling around, etc. I went to check on him at around 10.30, and sensed something was wrong. He was groaning/whimpering, breathing was laboured. Brought him indoors, as his temp was a tad low (100). He has been pooping thick solid-ish globs of stinky yellow poop. He yells and writhes before and whilst pooping like it' s hurting him! Temp is holding well now, and he hasn't pooped in a while but he is whining, weak and had laboured breathing.

I've been trying to get a little milk in him but he won't take it. I took him to see his mama in case some stimulation/lovin' would help...she was useless.

He's just led here grunty/gaspy breathing. He's so weak. A few hours ago he was a happy baby...I think he is dying but have no idea why or how I can help him.

I gave him a little (4cc) probiotic paste yesterday because it SAID to (5cc's for newborn goats to boost system)...have I poisoned him??!!! Why can't he breathe right???!!

I have lost three kids already this season (two preemies, and Cadbury's twin) and just found out about Fescue toxcitiy...could that have killed the other babies? His mama has eaten Fescue hay whilst nursing - maybe it is still poisoning him?

We only just pulled him through when he was born, and I was felling happy and thinking everything was ok, and now this. PLEASE help us!!!!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Panic...that, and someone on here recommended it. It's not easy to get noticed at nearly 2 a.m! I'm googling like crazy too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts