·
Registered
29,990 Posts
Toltrazuril 2 point 5 (2.5) ?

Reactions: Aasiya and MadHouse

·
Registered
29,990 Posts
I'm sorry that was a confusing way to ask. But there is 5% toltrazuril and 2.5 % toltrazuril

I was asking which you have. You said 25 so wanted to ask if you meant 2 . 5.%

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 · (Edited)
Well there isn't a percentage written..it says each litre contains 25g toltrazuril....so I guess that would be 25000mg in 1000 ml...so 25 mg per ml?
Sorry..I'm not really sure how the percentage is calculated in medicines...
Iv never used this one for cocci before, so is there anything special I need to know like, food withrawal, drug interactions etc? I couldn't really find much on the internet...would appreciate the info from an experienced person. Thanks again.

·
8,071 Posts
I usually give it before I feed the kid. Also, refrigerate it if you can. It should say on it, but it will keep longer if cold and out of light. I've never had any bad reactions, but I've also never given it to a kid that was on any other meds, at that time. Hopefully, someone can give you the dosage- I've only used the 5%, and I dose at 1 cc per 5 lbs. of body weight.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 · (Edited)
I usually give it before I feed the kid. Also, refrigerate it if you can. It should say on it, but it will keep longer if cold and out of light. I've never had any bad reactions, but I've also never given it to a kid that was on any other meds, at that time. Hopefully, someone can give you the dosage- I've only used the 5%, and I dose at 1 cc per 5 lbs. of body weight.
Thank you. I found that the 5% baycox is 50 mg per ml...so mine should be 2.5%(25 mg per ml) so I'll just double your dose

81 - 86 of 86 Posts