Baby Goat Found; Seattle

Discussion in 'TGS Announcements & Help' started by nancy d, May 10, 2010.

1. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    A baby goat was found in a Seattle park restrm. At this point I have no details but will be in touch w/city manager so any of you living in the area willing to take him/her if it isnt claimned?

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    That is a weird way to get rid of a goat and very sad... :( .. hope the goat finds a good home real soon.... :hug:

3. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Oh, that is sad. I hope it finds a good home. Saw this ad today...don't think it's the same one, but I guess there's a chance. lol If that's the same goat it ran a LONG way. Lol. http://kpr.craigslist.org/grd/1732977326.html

4. nancy d

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    Wowthat WOULD be a long run. Am waiting for email pic. You just never know.

This little one was found across the street from where we brought some of ours for earth day a few weeks back.
    The gal that contacted me is part of the earth day thing & is in touch with city manager. She asked what should be done & just said the poor little one is probably all stressed out & to feed it whole cow milk.
    My suspicion is that someone knew about our goats being there previously & decided to dump theirs. There were goatie signs all over that park.
    I cant get down there I have someone threatening to kid any hour. Or day.

Onthe outside chance this is the lost Alpine buckling I will fwd that on, thank you!

5. ZipperDoo

ZipperDoo Member

Apr 18, 2010
    What kind of goat...? I'm in southern-ish Washington, but if it's really necessary I am equipped to handle one more little one if it could find it's way down to me.

6. nancy d

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    Havent heard anything back.
    KW thanks so much for posting the craigslist info I passed it on. :hug:
    ZipperDoo I have no idea what kind it is.

7. nancy d

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    The city took him to a rescue outfit then the vet he didnt survive apparently he had a stomach blockage.The contact person feels thats why they left him in the first place.

8. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    How sad. I could not imagine how someone could do that. At least the baby is in greener pastures and pain free. God be with the baby.

9. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Poor thing. At least he doesn't have to suffer anymore.

10. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    How sad - to spend the last part of your life like that - :-(

11. nancy d

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    If the owners knew something was wrong with him & they couldnt afford a vet the least they could have done was put a bullet to his head.
    To abandon him like that was a crime.