The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. My baby goat (4month) got her leg wrapped in electric fence wire (electricity was off)
might be broke not sure

I have to be somewhere until about 8pm tonight...but I don't have to go. Should I stay or leave her?? :/

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Can we see a picture? Is she walking on it? is it swollen? I had a doeling that jumped from a stump to a upside down molasses tub and slipped then started limping instantly then lied down. I went inside to get some pain meds and splint supplies, came back and she was fine! Just landed on it wrong i guess. Just check on her. If it gets worse I would not go. Maybe make her a splint until you can get her to the vet.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've contacted the vet, ended up staying with her, iced it some, she's been in a stall, but the vet hasn't contacted me back about a time to see her :/

it looks like something is really wrong with her tendon in the right leg, above the hock. COMPLETELY swollen. ....

·
Premium Member
4,629 Posts
I did so about an hour ago-vet had some kind of emergency- thinking to maybe contact her again but not sure...I MAY still have some Banamine, I need to check.
I live in mebane. If you cannot get the vet out today and have no banamine.... i have it to share. Fuquay varina is bout an hour from me. If you cannot do the trip i can meet you.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I hope all is well. I had a similar incident in the Spring. Vet thought it was a sprain until the x-ray. Result was a clean break with a cast for a month and he lived in a large dog crate in my living room while he healed. He didn't seem to mind :) Bought LOTS of hospital bed pads!
190304_115902_120.jpeg

1 - 15 of 15 Posts