The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a week and a half old doeling thats had some heavier breathing but plays and acts like the others she was a triplet but her siblings didn't make it onto my question her temp was at birth 104 a couple days ago 103.9 and today 104 beyond having heavy breaths which she has had since birth she acts and seems healthy should I be concerned about the slightly elevated temp or is it normal I've only had 1 other kidding season and had no temperature issues or respiratory issues but that was with boer goats now I've got Nigerian dwarfs and for future reference as well what methods does everyone use to lower their goats temp my vets always gave a special cocktail shot but it was almost $80 it really worked but if my goats only got a slightly elevated temp theres gotta be an easier and cheaper alternative right?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A detail I just remembered she choked when she was about a day old I don't know on what but when I found her choking I panicked and swiped her mouth with a finger a a mucousy gunk came out of her mouth I can't believe I forgot about that

·
Super Moderator
34,555 Posts
I'm sorry you lost her.

• Sad
Reactions: Moers kiko boars
1 - 13 of 13 Posts