The Goat Spot Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I read that kid heart rates are faster, so I compared her heart rate to her big brothers from the same litter as hers, and she is just about the same rate as them

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
So false alarm on that, however the shaking is still getting worse, breathing seems not so labored

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Her dam didn't get a cd&t vaccination the month prior, because I didn't think she was due until April or March. Should I give the doeling a shot of cd&t?

·
Super Moderator
58,223 Posts
The CDT vaccine will not help her. First, it takes about 2 weeks to take effect. Second, she doesn't have her own immune system to process it. Mother passes on immunity whether the CDT shot is given or not. Not to mention they pass on immunity for way more things than just CDT.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
She is loosing the ability to stand, especially with her back legs. I think i am loosing her

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I bottle fed her colostrum for her first 1 1/2 days, and here in Oregon it is very selenium deficient, I already gave her 1/2 ml of bo-se

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Oh no Iggy. Give her vit b12 complex. Vit c and bise again. Honey and cayan peper on her gums. You need to get her to a vet and see if they can give her an antibiotic

·
Super Moderator
82,257 Posts
A vet needs to see her.

I can’t believe they don’t have another vet on call to help back up the vet who goes on vacation. We do here.

I would look around for other vets.

If the goat hasn’t ate anything, may be starving to death and weakening.

How is the inner lower eyelid coloring?

Is the goat pulling into the flank. Treat for polio.
Give thiamine shots.
Fortified vit b complex has thiamine in it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
She is gone, last night she passed. Sorry it took so long to get back to you guys. I did try giving the bose and b12 complex again. She had been eating well all day up until her last 2 hours where she suddenly went downhill. I had tried the honey on the gums earlier that day, but I didn't think of the cayenne and I probably should have tried that again. There are barely any goat vets in my state (last time I needed a vet for my goats my vet was swamped and I called every vet I could find on Google within my state and there were none within a 2 hour drive), and i live in a small town. My parents were at work, and I only have my learners permit (2 months until I am 16) so I couldn't drive even if I did find a vet. She had already had tr he vitamine b complex shot. I forgot to check her eyelid coloring.

·
Fair-Haven
4,614 Posts
So very sorry for your loss. I would call your vet and ask who is on back up for you to use if they are not available. I've run across this a time or two, and it's so hard to try to help when none is available. Hugs to you.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
I’m so sorry you lost the little girl.

Reactions: Iggy
21 - 38 of 38 Posts