The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a pony she was in the pasture with a black and white stallion. And other ponies but there were no other stallions. so she is fat and she looks like she is starting to get milk. How long till she has the baby??

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
Do you know how old she is? Did the people you bought her from know if she was bred and if so when it might have happened? Best bet is to have a vet take a look at her, but the former owners might be able to answer some of your questions.

·
Boers & Nubians
1,938 Posts
Is she still in with a stallion? I wouldn't keep her in with him, if I were you. If she does have the baby when you don't expect it, you don't want to risk it being trampled. And I also third the vet check idea.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
got her from someone who just got her he doesent know all they know is that she was in with him so I have no idea as I said she is beginning to get milk

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
I would have a vet look at her or at the very least an experienced horse person who has owned and helped many horses in foal.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok I think she pretty far along.

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
If she is getting milk then I would think so too. Unless it is some kind of false pregnancy or something else bizarre. I have had horses but wouldn't venture a guess because 1. I don't foal out horses, I keep only geldings. and 2. Hard to know over the internet what exactly is going on with her.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts