Baby Watch...

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by BlaqueUnicornAdventures, Feb 5, 2015.

1. Aloha everyone,
    So last year I ended up with a rescued Ibex/feral goat hybrid (assumably an escapee from a game farm here on island. Anyway, she has been an interesting addition She is in a great many ways, just not quite like the other domestic goats I own: she is always a bit skittish, gets loose frequently,
    she is often found ON THE ROOF, I've actually watched her jump 7 feet straight up from a stand still, and she is just sort of smaller and kind of "deer like" compared to the other goats I own. And since she is always in some kind of ridiculous trouble her name (which she knows) is "The Dang Ibex!"
    ...stop looking at me like that, if you could see the ridiculous amount of bizarre trouble this goat gets into, I mean any time anything goes wrong (and with her it's more often than not) you go to see the goats and which one is it? ...ALWAYS, without fail, (say it with me) "The Dang Ibex!"

So since she IS the epitome of "chaos and mayhem" to live with, you may ask "WHY keep her?" Well, she does have a great many redeeming qualities. I am kind of attached to her because she is a rescue, she had been terrorizing a friend of mine's neighborhood... And constantly waking up tenants in her vacation rental property by stomping around and urinating frequently on the roof. Also, my other goats are HIKERS (just starting to carry bags!) and when I take her up difficult areas, the kind of agility she displays so effortlessly puts my other goats to shame (and the OTHER goats in this case are freaking amazing athletes, but TFIBEX is just astonishing to watch in action on the trail) plus she just likes me... I have no idea why she decided this, since she had every reason to NOT like me (she was a yearling when I caught her by bringing over my orphan kids, when she saw them she attempted to
    Head ram them, and I grabbed her horns, tackled her, hog tied her, threw her in the back seat of the car... And had planned on driving her down to meet a friend of mine to get invited to dinner... But she just instantly decided I was her person and didn't want to let me out of her sight. Even managed to get on the second floor lanai to get into the house to follow me into the washroom. (Like I said, ridiculous stuff!) anyway she has become one of my favorite oddballs.

So she is approximately (rescue so don't know exactly how old she is) 2 years, and she was bred about 5 months ago, on baby watch. I know she is a first freshener, and she started making a cute little udder about 3 weeks ago... She is bred to a dominant black Alpine/Boer/Kiko buck. I am super excited to see how this works out...but baby watch just kind of makes you a bit crazy you know?

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2015
  2. A more flattering view of her... Without showing the cute little udder she is making (excited to see how she milks, being at least half wild and all)

Attached Files:

3. ...she is Velcro on the trail, except when she is climbing impossible surfaces and doing leaps across boulder faces at least 30 feet apart. (She is not a large goat, she is on the small and petite side, so the amount of distance she covers is pretty impressive to watch!)

Attached Files:

4. She also has this very odd habit, she actually loves to climb trees. (Ones the other goats can't follow her up!)

Attached Files:

5. groovyoldlady

groovyoldlady Goat Crazy!

Jul 21, 2011
    Central Maine
    Oh my word! She's lovely! How interesting it must be to have such an unusual goat. Keep us posted on her kidding!
  6. Younger

Younger New Member

Oct 6, 2013
    Ontario, Canada
    She sounds exactly the kind I would keep. Lol. I'm sure her antics keep you busy. Good luck with the kidding

Sent from my iPhone using Goat Forum
  7. kc8lsk

kc8lsk New Member

Jan 10, 2014
    Northern Mi
    Her name sounds like it fits her good luck on the kidding and I hope she milks for you.
  8. Goatlover14

Goatlover14 New Member

Jan 8, 2015
    United States
    Oh wow. Sounds like a unique goat :) good luck on the kidding.
  9. dnchck

dnchck Member

Mar 24, 2014
    She is a very pretty goat. I can't wait to see her babies. I bet she makes a great mom also!
  10. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I love it, happy kidding, can't wait to see them.
  11. milk and honey

milk and honey Senior Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Everett, WA
    Wow! Both so impressive and quite a handful!!! She's beautiful!

Sent from my iPhone using Goat Forum
  12. dreamacresfarm2

dreamacresfarm2 also known as Mayia real life Cheri

May 10, 2014
    she is gorgeous - sometimes it's the mischievous ones that win our hearts - I have 1 that is always in the middle of any trouble but I love her personality.
  13. janeen128

janeen128 Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2012
    Edgewood, WA
    Wow!!;-) She's pretty! Can't wait to see pics of her kids..
  14. SerenitySquare

SerenitySquare New Member

Jun 28, 2014
    western Washington
    I love how graceful she looks, very excited to see her babies.
  15. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    OMG love your post, how funny! She just sounds like she is full of life, spunk, adventure, and everything in between lol :) Of course all that wrapped up in a beautiful goatie!

Praying for a smooth kidding, and can't wait to see her babies! Very exciting isn't it? The waiting game can be a pain though, so try not to get too anxious, enjoy her pregnancy :)
  16. SalteyLove

SalteyLove Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2011
    New England
    All that AND she has just the most adorable udder! How great!
  17. Overnight her udder tripled in size, is leaking colostrum when you touch it, belly "dropped", and she started wandering off from the herd...

Attached Files:

18. Out of curiosity, why does posting photos from my iPhone only allow me to post one at a time, AND it rotates the image randomly?
    ...I am not actually posting these sideways and upside down...
  19. dreamacresfarm2

dreamacresfarm2 also known as Mayia real life Cheri

May 10, 2014
    don't know but a lot of people have that problem
  20. Her udder has now expanded to the point where she looks like she works for a dairy... Still hasn't pooped it out yet! I think she knows we are waiting for her and is intentionally messing with is... It kinda is the way she does EVERYTHING, so why should this be any different? LOL