Baby Wipes

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by keren, Apr 14, 2009.

1. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    :oops: So my doe ... erm ... ate one :oops:

Anyone had this happen before, any thoughts/potential health issues etc?

2. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    I wouldn't be too worried about it. One of mine ate a latex glove a while ago and she's been fine. So I think a baby wipe is fine, but I haven't had one eat that particular item yet. Give it another week or two and I'm sure I will be able to say they have eaten baby wipes as well! :roll:

3. rebelshope

rebelshope New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Wisconsin
    lol. . . sorry but the goats seems to be eating everything these days,baby wipes, earrings. They keep this up they'll never lose the tin can eating stigma. :roll:

I would say just wait and watch. Chey loves to eat paper, never had a problem. Not that I let her, but she get it, even tried to eat the instructions from the vet after her c section.

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    was it used....LOL ...no just kidding..... :hug:
    I would think ...she will be OK ....but keep watching her for a while...to see if she is pooping OK....... :wink:

5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    mine have eaten, cardboard, paper plastic....and still survived

6. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    lol it wasnt used. little brat ate it right out of the container!

I figured it would be alright, its basically paper, right? And I will admit my goats love paper :oops: Gizmo loves christmas time because its the only time of the year I let him eat some wrapping paper lol

7. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    if its paper I rarely worry about it.......it is just processed trees :shrug:

8. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    :wink: :greengrin:

If it's made from wood ..she should be Ok.....I am not sure what it is made of..though. :shrug:

9. Thanatos

Thanatos New Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Lake Ariel, Pa
    Heck most baby wipes r septic safe now so I would guess that they r goat safe to.
    Mine chew holes in my cardboard boxes that I had outside. and if I have paper its as good as a handfull of raisins for them.

10. kannm

kannm New Member

Mar 18, 2009
    Also, our goats eat my books and mail if I am outside holding them or putting them down for a second.

11. rebelshope

rebelshope New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Wisconsin
    No kidding. I turned my back of Chey yesterday and she had a spiral notebook, I don't even know where she got it from :GAAH: . . . forget the dog, the goat at my homework!

Just kidding, I am not in school anymore. .. at least not as a student. Although when I was in third grade we took a field trip to a farm and a goat at my name tag, that was my first introduction to goats.

12. jaytori220

jaytori220 New Member

Mar 24, 2009
    Melbourne, Fl.
    My goats seem to take a liking to my corn cob bristle broom. Its getting more useless by the day.... :hair:

13. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

Like others said she should be OK, just watch her. If she starts acting off in the next couple of daays i would take her to a vet.
    I have had goats eat paper (colored and white) cardboard. Little bit once ate a nail, and paint chips. She wasnt the brightest one i have ever had. I tried to go after the nail but she wouldnt give it up. i swear i had my hand halfway down the goats throat.
    beth

14. Amy Goatress

Amy Goatress New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Never had that happen before, they have tried to though!