The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We live in the mountains, 20 miles from the nearest town. We have an arsenal of herbs and OTC human meds. She is a three month old doeling with a temp. at 104.3 with an occasional barking cough:( along with "throwing/coughing up a white mucusy phlegm" (seen now for the second time). We have given her garlic as well as Vit. C and apple cider vinegar in her water. She eats, drinks, and goes to the bathroom normally, however she is not as playful, and that got me worried. Additional details: going on three days ago she was separated from her mom, dis-budded, tattooed, and a 12 hour car trip. She is also a Sore Mouth survivor (hence the reason why she was dis-budded so late). Is this Pneumonia, or what:eek:? Anything to help please! We have no vehicle till the A.M.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, it was very hot. She and two other kids were in a truck bed with a camper shell over the top. There was ventilation but not wind. What I do?

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
With a fever she needs anti biotics probably draxxin, she is too young for la200. Call your vet and ask him fror some draxxin, other herbal antibiotic is oregano. Give her a baby aspirin for the fever if you dont have banamine. Until you talk to your vet.
We had a buck come down with pnuemonia yesterday gave him draxxin and todays he seems fine

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
With a fever she needs anti biotics probably draxxin, she is too young for la200. Call your vet and ask him fror some draxxin, other herbal antibiotic is oregano. Give her a baby aspirin for the fever if you dont have banamine. Until you talk to your vet.
We had a buck come down with pnuemonia yesterday gave him draxxin and todays he seems fine
What is the dosage for the oregano? Can I use Banamine in conjuction with the Draxxin?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I made up a concoction this morning of garlic, oregano, onion, and purple cone flower. I also gave her an expectant to clear her lungs, and an aspirin for her fever. Her temp. at 5:00 was 105.8, however she was more active, had brighter eyes, and seemed to be doing better. I think she was able to clear a bunch of gunk out of her lungs and now is able to fight this fever better. I also put some molasses in the water.

·
Registered
30,676 Posts
its greatyou were about to help her congestion, however, 105.8 is still very very high...she needs antibioitcs to deal with the puenomia, and Banamine to reduce her fever..she needs fluids...electrolytes...
I wouldnt wait on her treatment...

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Her fever broke! Her temp. is at 102.7! Her cough seems better and we will continue to use the expectorant and the oregano concoction. Last night we also use some diamond V yeast. She does not look sick any more, and was jumping on her spool, and playing with the other babies. We are going to continue to treat her for about five more days.

·
Registered
30,676 Posts
Im glad your remedy worked :D So happy she is feeling better

1 - 15 of 15 Posts