The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a four week old kid that has smelly toothpaste-like yellow poo. I started everyone on their preventitive Sulmet today (her included) to me this sounds like E-Coli, what do you think?? And what is the treatment for E-Coli?

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you know if I can get Scour Halt at Tractor Supply? I have been meaning to order it but just haven't gotten around to it (go figure!)

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
i posted a few days ago about a baby with the same thing. She is doing better now, but now i have a buck kid with the same thing. he will be two weeks on monday. i thought the only treatment for e-coli was antibiotics. And then i found this stuff at the farm store i work it called dexamycin its not labeled for goats (only cows sheep pigs) but it says it treats e-coli in those anumals. So im wondering if its alright for goats? Has anyone ever heard of it?
beth

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No more runny poo, I didn't give her anything other that the Sulmet and quite a bit of dried blackberry leaves which she loves. I'll see how she is tomorrow though..

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
yea i was thinking the same thing too stacey. there is also a package labeled teramycin, same name as the eye ointment but i havnt had enough down time to read that one yet. My favorite thing to do when were slow at work i go find a product to read about, or a book about one animal or another.
beth

·
Premium Member
29,236 Posts
hehe I do that at work, but it is hair care products and style books! LOL If I had animal stuff to read about I would be MUCH happier - not that I Don't like my job, I do

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I thought that Sulmet helped with E COli although I don't suppose it is a powerful treatment.
I took the opportunity to dry and bag some blackberry leaves befor the snows started again. I glad that I have something to help if I need it - and it's FREE!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts