baby zoey

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by lacy_94, Nov 18, 2007.

1. lacy_94

lacy_94 New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    North Fla
    I lost my zoey last night to bloat ,we called the vet and the clink that my mom works at and he said to take a big needle and let the exess air out. by the time we got there she died in my arm 5 mins later .My mom was crying so hard i thought we were going to wreck on the way home.This is my first experice with bloat and i have learned from my mistakes.
    thanks for listning,
    tayler...

2. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    I'm so sorry you had this heartbreak- please give your Mom my sympathies too- sometimes things happen so fast.

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh my that is just terrible - what a caring mother you have. :hug:'s to you both

4. getchagoat (Julie)

getchagoat (Julie) New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Waco, KY
    I'm sorry you guys had to go through this. It can get them really fast and I hope your mom realizes that alot of times, nature takes its course no matter what we try. And when we make mistakes, we will save one later on or help someone else save one in the same situation. Big hugs to you both.

5. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    I'm so sorry.At least your mom was there to help you out.

6. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I am so sorry! Although I do not know what it is like to loose a goat to bloat I lost my 2 year old Douge de Bordeaux last January to bloat, and she did in my husband's arms.

I am a vet tech (or was - as I left the clinics after we lost chia) and I was at school when it happened. I just remember it all.

I hope that you know that each of us is thinking about you!

7. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    I am so sorry! Loosing an animal is very hard. (((HUGS)))

8. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    :grouphug: I am so sorry for your loss. I had a HUGE buck get in my grain ben while we were gone to the County fair. We did a lot of walking, and I was ble ot save him, but that was my first case of bloat I had wver dealt with. From that I have learned that I need t ALWAYS, leave baking sode out. Plus to make she they can not RIP the door off the grain ben.
    I had a 4Her call a few weeks ago while I was on my way to church. OK, I have a 12 year old girl crying to me to PLEASE come save her goat or GOD. WOW, but I new God would undersatand. She had NO idea what was wrong. Well one look I new it could not do anything, buit I gave him a shot of Banamein and I relaxed him enought that he let go and went on to greener pastures. It was the worst case of bloat I had ever seen. So as long as you learn forn your loss, that baby did not die in vain.
    Hugs from us in COlorado.

9. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
  10. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Why is this double posting everything that I write?

11. needs to know more

needs to know more New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Washington
    Your Zoey is running around in greener pastures with my Ellie Moo. Where they are now they don't have to worry about navel ill or not being able to see. No that doesn't make it any easier. But Ellie can now see all those critters that she could smell and not see before. And since she had spent her whole life smelling goats, I think she will take good care of Zoey.

12. fritzie

fritzie New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    TENN
    i am so sorry that you lost your baby. it is one of the hardest things we go thru. just remember that they are in a place were they no longer will feel pain again.