The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Its Baby's kidding thread! She was bred December 15, to my buck, so 145 days after that would be May 9th! I am so excited, as this will be her second set of kids! She is such a great mama!

image.jpeg image.jpeg The thumbnails are of February 28

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Do I see the slightest little udder?? Or am I just crazy??!
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

This is of tonight

I will get some pics of the buck in a second

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
I can't wait to see baby's babies! They should make some really flashy little ones. I love black and white goats and Saints markings are almost opposite to Baby's so together the possibilities are exciting! You might wind up with little tri-colors like I did. Baby cuteness!

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Her babies last year were too cute! She had one buck and one doe, and we ended up keeping the doe. I will get some pics in a minute. The buck last year was black and white and came out with a mostly black doeling with a white belt, and a mostly gray buckling with a white belt. i really wish i kept my buck from last year, he was a beautiful boy! out of 7 kids, he threw 5 with blue eyes and so now all my does have blue eyes!

today, i put baby up on the milk stand to get her back feet clipped and get her used to her udder being touched since she hasnt been milked in a while... she hated it lol! It was weird because once she ran OUT of food, she was an angel on the milk stand with me touching her all over! She is something else, i tell ya! She was like, "let me eat my food in peace lady..."

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
This is her babies last year with our old herd sire Flash...

image.jpeg

Here is Flash ^

image.png
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

The darker one is Cricket, the doe that we kept, and the lighter one is Tucker, who was a buckling.

Today is day 91 of baby's pregnancy... 54 days left!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, it's been a while by there she is, due in 4 days!! Just went out to feed and she lost her mucus plug a bit, and her ligs are mostly gone!!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Attachments

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Forgot to mention, on Friday it rained 3.5 inches in an hour or so, and it's still gushy from that, but over Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, we are supposed to get over 7 inches of rain. She is probably holding them in for the worst part of the storm! Doe code of honor!!

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Getting closer! Wow her FF udder is stunning :eek:ohlala: I rarely see Nigerians around here with udder's that big and they could have freshened 4-6 times and it is only half that size! I would love to see a pic of it this time after she kids!

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
Almost there! Yay!
She looks great and hopefully she'll wait until Thursday when the rain will be about gone. Wednesday is going to be the worst of it from looking at the news tonight. Fingers crossed for y'all! We're slogging around too. It's horrible. My pine shavings bill has been astronomical! I'm so sick of rain.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
How are things?
Her ligaments are completley gone, and she has been nesting since yesterday. Her mucus plug is also gone. Not much happening except for gushing rain lol!!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts