The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so our little guy......5 months old....smaller than all of our does.....is in major breeding mode and it is GROSS. He has mounted every single girl we have except his own Mom and our Little 4 Month old and only because we have kept them apart. Yesterday our Bacchus Buck Apron arrived!! $30 but I really need it to work! Yesterday, we caught him and put it on.....off it came......caught him again, after hitting the ground.....on then off......finally caught him and husband said, "It isn't coming back off!".

A full 24 hrs and it is still on, doing a great job!! It is dirty and yucky on both sides but it is effectively blocking his action! He doesn't seem deterred at all but it is doing its job! Pictures to follow tomorrow!!

·
Premium Member
4,675 Posts
Ok, so our little guy......5 months old....smaller than all of our does.....is in major breeding mode and it is GROSS. He has mounted every single girl we have except his own Mom and our Little 4 Month old and only because we have kept them apart. Yesterday our Bacchus Buck Apron arrived!! $30 but I really need it to work! Yesterday, we caught him and put it on.....off it came......caught him again, after hitting the ground.....on then off......finally caught him and husband said, "It isn't coming back off!".

A full 24 hrs and it is still on, doing a great job!! It is dirty and yucky on both sides but it is effectively blocking his action! He doesn't seem deterred at all but it is doing its job! Pictures to follow tomorrow!!
Good job. If you did not get the chest strap one i would suggest adding that strap.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How tight is it on him? It looks very very snug. I ask this cause if it is too tight it may irritate him and he may get "bald" where the strap is. :(.
It doesn't appear to be too tight. I put my hand under the strap. It says a finger but I did my all four to my palm. He is pretty fluffy though. I guess if it makes him bald that is the price for not getting his own Mom or our 4 month old pregnant. I gotta pick the battles I can win. He doesn't seem uncomfortable. We plan to wash it every couple of days.

·
Premium Member
4,675 Posts
It doesn't appear to be too tight. I put my hand under the strap. It says a finger but I did my all four to my palm. He is pretty fluffy though. I guess if it makes him bald that is the price for not getting his own Mom or our 4 month old pregnant. I gotta pick the battles I can win. He doesn't seem uncomfortable. We plan to wash it every couple of days.
Lol yea the end result are important. :).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts