Back for a day or two in the land of goats :)

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by lesserweevil, Mar 4, 2010.

1. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    It is all too short!!! I got back here on Tuesday evening and have had one and a bit short days (as I was out most of Wednesday with a friend) on the farm. Managed to get Lyric and Frosties disbudded today (I was holding, my brother was "ironing" ha)... which was gross, as always. Elijah and Ricicles got done a couple of days ago.

Only five more sheep left to lamb! We had 3 sets of twins yesterday and a single today so it's been fairly thick and fast.

Most of the sheep have lambed without incident. There was the one that I posted about in caprine special care, but that's pretty much been the only ewe with a big issue.

Demi has kind of "dropped" and is due in about 2 weeks now. She has still got a long way to go on her udder development though!

Have to get my brother to milk Whisper out on one side every day until the kids start taking more - they are mainly drinking from one side and it shows!!! Harmony looks really even though.

Anyway... off again in the morning for 2 weeks... and then I will be back to hopefully be there for Demi kidding - I have one more week off work, for that. It is sad for me leaving the four babies I already have... they are SOOO cute... I love it when they sneeze at you. Cuteness!!!

Anyway, that is all for now!

LW

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    glad to hear you get to enjoy them even if its only for a bit :)

3. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    Good to hear you're back for some goat time.