Back from AV fair..

Discussion in 'Mini Mania' started by SDK, Sep 1, 2008.

1. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    i got back from antelope valley fair last night from the nigerian shows and the boer show. i did pretty well considering my competition. so i'll break it down for you

NDGA show:

amelia has to be shown as a two year old because she was born in the last couple weeks of december. mimi has been in milk since early march too and she went against 7 other does (two of penny hamers and her niece melissa does which had just freshened this past week and one was a really nice doe of debbie toomeys who freshened two months ago) any way i got third of seven! :leap: i was worried because my does capacity had gone wayyy down since we got a heat wave but i did really good in that class

the next class was the aged dry does i had bird (4 year old and one of my favorite does) and Gia ( 5 year old doe and very rude haha) but any way there was 5 in the class, it was pretty tough competition with the dry does but the judge pulled me out second!! i was soo happy to place after the doe in first( that doe won champion overall afterwards , shes beautiful so im putting a link to her page http://www.everwoodnigeriangoats.com/SeniorDoes.html her name is CH laurel lei) andway after bird did so awesome... gia got last. and she was not happy about it either she started yelling i was like OMG i'm so embarassed. but i still did really well and i'm proud of my girls

AGS show:
    i only showed amelia in this show and she was shown as a yearling milker, out of 5 she got third which isnt bac but my doe had the most capacity even for milking forever and a day, but she was starting to dry up on me so her rear udder was pretty much non existent, so i understand getting third for that.

Boer show:

did i mention that i hate boer goat right now?? they are very rude animals!!

anyway i got 4 out of 4 with my jr doe, which is ok cause shes a slow on the grow kind of doe. but i was really excited when my friends little paint doe won her class of like 30 i was soo proud!! only cause i trained her haha

but yes, that was my weekend and tomorrow starts another fair ....yay :tears:

2. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Congratulations. I just love shows.

3. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Congrats!! Sounds like you had a good time and your animals placed well too! :D

4. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    :stars: Congratulations on your placings at antelope valley fair! :stars: Will you need a disguise for the next fair because of Gia's behaviour?!?! :roll: :wink: Here's a :hug: for Gia. Fairs and shows are sure keeping everyone busy as bees and exciting for us to see the results. :clap:

5. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Congrats!! Sounds exciting!! Man, hearing about all these shows is making me like so excited for our fairs coming up!

6. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Congratulations on your placings...sounds like you had a great time too!

7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Good going...........................Yeah :leap:

8. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    thanks everyone!.. gia is a funny old girl, she was very upset with placing last though! haha

9. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    thats funny that she didnt like being last.

Congrats on the show.

So in NDGA they have dry doe shows? now thats interesting.

10. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    They have a dry doe class. :type: Congrats on your placings!! :stars:

11. Shelly

Shelly New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    California
    Congrats on your placing. :clap: I was thinking about you yesterday and wonder how you did. I really like the air conditioned show ring at AV. Are you going to the LA fair next? My father-in-law live across the street form the Pomona fair grounds. We when to Redlands for my DH nephew wedding this weekend and stop at his apartment. I wish the fair had already start so I could go and check out the goats and sheep lol. Shelly

12. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    the animals move in tomorrow and i show wednesday.... unless someone wants to pay me for my wether and then i'm done.. haha

if anyone had a fair in november he would be perfect, haha