Back from County Fair.

Discussion in 'Show Circuit' started by sweetgoats, Jul 28, 2008.

1. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Well, we are back from the week long fair and I have to say it was one of the best fairs we have ever had, not just showing but just the fair itself. All the kids were right there to help each other out no matter what animals it was for. Just the whole feeling was different and very enjoyable. Normally there is so much tension that it is not even fun to be there but not this year, it was fun just like it should be.
    then for the show. WOW, It was great for us.

My daughter took Senior Showmanship, and all her goats took 1st but one, and she was second. Then when we went in for the Grand Champion goat, our doe took Grand and another one of ours was reserve champion.
    Then all the different large livestock species, (our goats, Dairy Goats, Market goats, Horse, Dairy Cow, Steers, Sheep and Hogs), all get together for the show off. They all go around to the different animals and show them. They are judging for the TOP showman of the fair in each age group. Now my daughter only shows the Cashmere goats, but has shown the others before in this "Round Robin", but a lot of the kids show two or three of the animals. Well my daughter was awarded the Reserve Champion of the show. We were so excited. So she ended up winning three different belt buckles.
    I was so happy how it ended because she MIGHT not show next year. She is going to run for the Fair queen. The Fair Queen can not show in the fair because they are going in so many different directions. But she will be signed up for 4H anyway, so if she does not make the queen she will still be able to show.

Now we are getting ready for the State Fair.

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh that sounds like a lot of fun. Congratulations on all the wins. :leap:

glad everyone was safe and you enjoyed it.

3. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Congratulations!! Sounds like you had a great time too!