The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i just saw the price for toltrazuril went up again. i was actually going to order but then my cc wouldnt work so then i got sidetracked and just looked again.
prerace is $100 per 200 ml which has been the price for a bit but the powder went up from $40 to $57 :(
i also looked at racehorsemeds but i couldnt get ahold of them and then i only saw the 900 ml for $200 plus $25 for shipping.
anyone buy from racehorsemeds?
i cant seem to find any other place even for the baycox for a prescription.
so racehorsemeds seem to be a bit lower priced. I am considering using this for the first dose then go to medicated feed somehow. which would be cheaper in the long run. not sure how to make a feeder that the does cant get too but the kids can since they are nigerians? and how do you keep the birds,mice from eating the grain or do you just leave it out free choice or feed each kid?

also can i just go to medicated feed or do i need to dose all the kids first with tolt then start using the medicated feed? if i dont stay on the 21 days then the coccidia get out of control with most of the kids. i am hoping to be more organized next season as I wont have any more kids born for awhile now.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Last time I got it I bought the legit stuff from an Australian based website. Between the price hikes and the questionable quality, I figured I was better off just getting the real stuff!

·
Super Moderator
32,242 Posts
900 ml is a lot of baycox. If you a few farms that want it..might be cost effective to share the cost and split the product.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
calistar-what site did you order from?
i went thru 200 ml already this season and they were all small at the time. i am hoping it would be good for a year at least.

·
Premium Member
4,805 Posts
I have used prerace and been happy with it. Also... i got the powder once and it is just hard to mix. So i do spend the extra now and get the liquid.

Medicated feed is a nope for me. I bought a buckling a few months ago and his pre owner used a med feed. Yea... nope. He had to be treated for cocci. So that well and truly sold me on the no med feed.

Calfpro if started at a day old is pretty amazing! A friend of mine uses it. They bottle all their kids but it is a tinny amount once a day. I got bb from them to grow out and i am in love! It also has lots of other good stuffs for them in there too. After i treated merlin woth tolt i started him on it and he had no more cocci a month after i finished treating him.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts