Bad bad day.

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by Crissa, Aug 29, 2009.

1. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Well today has been a terrible day. First I didn't get any sleep AT ALL last night. The only good part of the day was when I got to watch my boyfriend auctioneer. After that I got terribly nauseous and got sent home from work. Then I called my boyfriend to see what he was doing and got the scariest news I've ever had, he totaled his truck. A semi broadsided he and his dad. Luckily they walked away with minor injuries but it is still incredibly scary. I'll get pictures of the damage soon. I'm so glad that it wasn't worse! Thank you God! :pray:

2. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    My goodness Crissa, how awful! :hug: Truly a miracle they weren't hurt badly.

3. Zelda

Zelda Guest

May 2, 2009
    Honestly, with a wreck like that, it sounds like a GREAT day. They walked away with minor injuries - that is a tremendous blessing.

:hug:

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Im with Zelda -- sounds sad but really a blessing in the end, you could be visiting him in the Hospital praying he wakes up or walks again. but hay it was all very scary for you non the less so here is a hug :hug:

5. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Yeah, you guys are right. I wasn't thinking about it right. Thank you for pointing that out, I feel a bit better now. :hug: Although it was still really scary. By the way this is his third wreck, the previous one was terrible, he was in a wheelchair and everything. So this one turned out much better. (by the way he is VERY accident prone, he fell in a fire once and also had a firework explode in his hand so I'm thinking I'd better be expecting anything)

6. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh my! He better have good insurance

7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Oh wow....that was a bad day... :( ..but also... a good day... with the hand of God ...watching out for them..... :hug:

8. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Oh how scary! I am glad that everyone is ok though!! I hope everyone recovers quickly...I would be terrified to get out and go drive again! Hope you can get some sleep too!! That doesn't help anything!

9. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
  10. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    geez.. he is a very lucky guy!

11. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    goodness!!! I am so glad he made it through it ok! :hug:

12. Gumtree

Gumtree Lurking Aussie

Aug 15, 2009
    S.E. Qld Australia
    i am so sorry for you ! :(
    i know how hard it is cos we had something like that happen this year to some of my family.....
    am really feeling for you

13. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    lost the rear axle -- boy thats terrible.

14. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Yes, he is VERY lucky. He said if he didn't have the fifth wheel for the trailer in the bed the Semi would have taken the entire bed off. And of course all of the "what ifs" are going through his head right now. What if I had been in there, what if my best friend had been in there, what if his dad had gone through the windshield. I just don't know what I can do to help him other than make sure he knows I'm here for him whenever he needs me. It breaks my heart to see him this upset about it.

15. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    That is all you can do Crissa... just be there for him and let him know you are with him :hug: I know all about the "what if's" that follow an accident and I am sure he is really shaken up. I hope he gets to feeling better soon :hug: