BAD DOG!!!

Discussion in 'Other Pets' started by nutmegfarm, Feb 10, 2010.

1. nutmegfarm

nutmegfarm New Member

Dec 22, 2009
    NE Ohio
    I have a dog, Brutus, who is bassett x lab. This morning I came downstairs, and there it started. This dog had gotten into the fridge! Literally, fridge door was open and everything!!! There was cheese, soda, yogurt, a carton of eggs, and part of a left-over ham EVERYWHERE!!!!!! I went to go find this dog and he is sitting on the couch, HUGE stomach, with his paws over his eyes...This was an entertaining morning...There are like 3 different food bowls for the dogs, but he thought the fridge was the better choice!

2. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Oh my.....what a sight that must of been......I hope he doesn't get sick from toooo much good stuff!

3. bheila

bheila New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Kent, Wa
    I don't blame him. Would you eat dog food? :) Our dogs are spoiled rotten with fresh chicken, beef...etc.

4. Victoria

Victoria New Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Vernonia, Oregon
    :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:
    That is so FUNNY!!
    But seriously make sure he doesn't have food bloat!!
    Maybe you should send him to school!!

5. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Member

Oct 19, 2009
    It's funny, but not funny. I feel for you. I have a dog that likes to eat my expensive bras and panties :roll: but nothing else. lol

6. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I would maybe get a vet appointment.. to have him checked out...if he ate to many eggs... it could be bad for him...even eating the pork if not cooked thoroughly.........hopefully he didn't eat plastic... chocolate or onions ...... depending on what was ingested.... you may want to consult a vet...
    He may get the squirts ...because of diet change.... and have a tummy ache :hug:

7. nutmegfarm

nutmegfarm New Member

Dec 22, 2009
    NE Ohio
    Brutus is fine:) just a little "butt issues", but other than that nothing! I'm hoping he learned his lesson, but now he has to be put away during the night...ugh, what a silly dog.

8. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    OMG.... That had to be one heck of a wake up for you! Besides cleaning up the mess...you had to deal with his upset tummy too!
    How in the world did he get the fridge door open?

9. nutmegfarm

nutmegfarm New Member

Dec 22, 2009
    NE Ohio
    Sometimes I just think I'm better off not knowing...lol.

10. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    i have a basset lab too.. his name is charlie.. is your guy HUGE?? mines like 110 pounds. and he follows his nose to whereever it goes

11. nutmegfarm

nutmegfarm New Member

Dec 22, 2009
    NE Ohio
    Actually mine is quite small, probably under 45 pounds. He is extremely short and long. He could pass for a bassett if his ears were just a tad longer lol. He only comes up to mid-calf on me, and I'm 5'7" so he's a little guy. Yours sounds massive!! Wow, I didn't know they could get that big!! haha. I love how goofy they look:) Hes my kind of designer dog for sure:)

12. 4hmama

4hmama New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    No. Central WV
    I've never had the dog in the fridge, but I have a black lab that knows how to open the back door. She goes inside anytime we forget to lock the deadbolt. Not THAT big of a deal, unless we are at work all day and it's 20 degrees out with the backdoor wide open for several hours! We tend to come home and she hasn't really done anything, just let herself and her mama in, and is snoozing in the kennel!