The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone else has great pix this year, it's been a super crop of babies.
Unfortunately, this girl is just awkward. She leaves her ears mostly flat,
usually looks a bit rumpled. She's also rather stand off-ish. She is on
Craig's list this week. I've had 2 good requests to come see her. On the
plus side, she is naturally polled....

image29 (2).jpeg
image29.jpeg
image28.jpeg
image27.jpeg
image12.jpeg
image14.jpeg

·
I'm watching you
22,150 Posts
Well, whether you sell her or keep her she needs a round of AD&E paste and a bo.se shot. She has what we used to call nutritional dystrophy in the old days.
You really wouldn't believe the difference after a few weeks of vitamin therapy.

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Well, whether you sell her or keep her she needs a round of AD&E paste and a bo.se shot. She has what we used to call nutritional dystrophy in the old days.
You really wouldn't believe the difference after a few weeks of vitamin therapy.
@goathiker - what are the signs for that?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll pull her from selling, then. I have been slamming my herd with selenium & minerals for the last 2 years. She just never looked as good as the rest.
After the 2016 flood I had all kinds of issues, finally got things fixed...I thought. I wonder if there is something about her body system that is different from the rest. No Bo-Se but I have paste & replamin.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Pygmy/Nigerian cross, weaned Thursday. She's on creep feed=14% livestock pellets, Calf Manna, Alfalfa Pellets & top-dressed with a bit of Horse Senior feed (for sweetness, helps get them started on the creep feed). Loose Purina wind & rain, salt, mineral and selenium blocks. The momma's all get replamin, but I haven't done the babies. I thought they'd get the minerals from nursing. She acts goofy as all the rest, just not impressed with humans, kind of hangs back instead of wanting attention.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts