Bad Evening :(

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by KW Farms, Feb 13, 2011.

1. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Last night our area got terrible wind that caused lots of damage for many. It way SO bad here. We usually never get wind this bad.

We live just outside of this LITTLE town on our south west. Anyway, they had a bad bad fire start and then the wind made everything worse...anyway, started with one house and turned to 20 completely destroyed homes and neighborhood. It was so big, we could see huge flames from our house and it was burning until this late morning.

Last night the power went out here. We were out at 9 pm in the dark putting brakes on our wheel lines and still had a row get blown across a road and half of it is completely ruined. Then our huge stock water trough that was in the horse pasture (not being used) blew through our electric fence and the horses were out this morning...but got that all taken care of and luckily they were all ok.

We also just got a call from a neighbor who got part of his roof blown off his house. So we're sending some of our hired workers out tomorrow to help and then get our wheel lines back, but there is just a lot of stuff ruined around the area.

So anyway, if any of you feel like sending prayers for our area, it would be much appreciated. Especially for those that lost their homes in the fire. I can't even imagine. :pray:

2. Gumtree

Gumtree Lurking Aussie

Aug 15, 2009
    S.E. Qld Australia
    That's awful....
    I hope you stay safe.
    Thinking of you. :hug:

3. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Thank you. Luckily the wind has gone down to just a breeze today, but gosh that was some nasty wind.

4. TinyHoovesRanch

TinyHoovesRanch New Member

sending a pray for you and everyone

5. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    I'm sorry...prayers being sent your way. That is terribly sad. :( We get nasty winds here all of the time...fire season is terrifying for sure.

6. lissablack

lissablack New Member

Nov 30, 2009
    I'm sorry you got all that damage, it's great you can help your neighbor. Seems like it has been a really hard winter all over.

Jan

7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I am so sorry ... :( prayers are sent your way....may God Bless.... :hug: :pray:

8. farmgirl42

farmgirl42 New Member

Jan 2, 2010
    Eastern Ohio
    Sending prayers for you and your neighbors.

Blessings!

9. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    I am so sorry to hear about all the horrible damage the wind and fire have caused :( I hope and pray that everyone can pick up, rebuild and move past this.

I was just checking our local news channel's website, and there are fires in surrounding counties - house fires - and they had/are having trouble getting them put out because we're getting some of the wind here. 30-40mph wind gusts, although it doesn't seem to bad at our house.
    I hope and pray they can get those fires under control. One thing that scares me to no end is a house fire.

Thoughts and prayers going out to those in your area who have been affected.