Bad Luck.

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by RowdyKidz, Apr 2, 2009.

1. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    I have 2 of my best does kidding out this month!! (NPGA Pygmies) One is my BEST doe with AMAZING pygmy lines (and a great shower!!!! Got several Jrs, Reserve Jrs, and a GRAND at my fair) her name is K & J Pygmies Isabella (Isabella) and she is bred to my amazing buck from GA!! She's due on the 13th at the earliest and is huge!!! Hoping for PINK!! :girl:

The other reg doe is a proven doe and has been tricky to say the least. Last year we bought her bred and she drove me crazy waiting till day 151 to kid!! My first kids born yet to boot! :hair: And she, Crystal, was bred to the same buck as Isabella! One date late March the other late April. I was thinking April....but nope discharge, restless, baby talk, nesting, loosing ligs...EVERYTHING AND STILL NO KIDS!!!!! :hair: :hair: :hair: !!

RowdyKidz

2. Thanatos

Thanatos New Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Lake Ariel, Pa
    Re: Does Soon To BLOW!!

you need a photo compressor. R u usin vista?

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

yes you just click browse and add photos that way. THey need to be 430x430 pix or less

4. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio

Nope, don't think I have that...

5. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

if you have microsoft picture manager I can talk you through it.

if you dont have a photo editing program then email them to me stacey.roop@gmail.com and I will add them to your post :)

6. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio

OK, I figured it out!!! Thanks Stacey! I'll upload pics tomorrow!

RowdyKidz

7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

can't wait to see the pics... :leap:

8. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    KIDS HAVE ARRIVED!!

Well today, my spoiled rotten doe brought home GRAND CHAMPION than kids for the first time today and has TRIPLETS!!! :boy: :girl: :girl: My 1st set of triplets! Sadly the little boy was still-born. :( But I have a caramel and grey doeling! Pics are on my site!
    http://www.freewebs.com/rowdykidz/newarrivals.htm

And of course she kids while I'm taking a test at school! :GAAH:

No assistance needed! I AM SO HAPPY SHE GAVE ME GIRLS!!!!!!! :stars: :clap: :dance:

9. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska

OH MY GOODNESS theyre sooo cute,

10. rebelshope

rebelshope New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Wisconsin

Oh, those are such cute little pygmys!!! I love that little carmel girl!!!! :stars:

I am so sorry for the loss of your little buck. :(

11. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

oh thats great! congrats

12. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Re: Kids Are HERE!

Thanks! I walked in to the kidding pen (no one told me she kidded but I put two and two together) and saw those two and I almost said she only had 2?! But they showed me the little boy. He was super skinny and his hooves were still white, so I am assuming that he was stillborn.
    But ths is the doe I wanted a doeling out of SO badly! And I got 2!!! :leap: :wahoo: :dance: :leap:
    Now I am waiting on my Crystal to kid then I have a rest until July. Think :girl: :girl: :boy: !!

13. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

Congratulations!!! Sorry you lost the litlte boy , those girls are adorable! I love those chubby lil' faces :love:

Amazing how I end up with "both" pygmy and nigi looking kids from one mum...seeing your PB pygmy's , I can really see the difference between nigi and pygmy in my Angel's boys...pygmy babies have shorter more erect ears!

14. redneck_acres

redneck_acres New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Idaho

Congrats on the two doelings!!!! They are cute! My first goat was a pygmy. Although my folks weren't to thrilled about me having a pygmy-I was glad I had them.

15. Jenna

Jenna New Member

Jan 7, 2009

Congrats on the girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sorry about the boy. :sigh:

16. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Re: Bad Luck

Well. We lost the other doe. I am really upset. This came out of no where. :tears: She just died. She wasn't even in labor. My wonderful grandfather who keeps the goats at his place because I can't keep them where I live, took a knife after she was gone to try to save the kids. She had triplets in her. :tears: This doe was a Nigerian Dwarf's weight, wasn;t in with other goats during her pregnacy or anything. She just died. And she's always kidded unassisted. No problems what-so-ever. Until yesterday.
    I got to see her after she was gone. Her and her three babies. (she had her first set of triplets too!). If anyone has any idea what it may be please tell me. I would like to figure out what happened.
    What really sucks is that she had one of each color. A light caramel, a black agouti, and a brown one. This is the first brown kid out of 12 from this buck that's been brown. And all were :girl: . :tears:

These kids were massive for her. She was a tiny and petite doe. They all are twice the size of the other kids I have. 4-5 pounds at least for each one. I think I may sell the awesome buck which is the sire because his kids have been too big and I've only had problems delivering his kids.

I am more upset over loosing her. I really need losts of :grouphug: . I lost 4 does this week and a buckling. My life really sucks.

Thanks for listening to my problems.

17. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    when was she due?

sounds like it could have been like ketosis or something

18. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    I'm sorry. I've been in that situation before. Never had much luck doing those pocket knife caesars. only about 10% success.

Selling the buck sounds like a good idea ...

As for the doe, I dont know. Preg tox? But that usually takes a while ... uterine rupture?? I dont know :shrug: :scratch:

19. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I am so sorry for your loses.. :( ....is there any way ....you can get a autopsy.....sounds like you may have something that might be contagious... because of all your losses... :hug: It is really sad ......again ....I am so sorry.... :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

20. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I am so sorry :hug: