Bad News

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by fcnubian, Nov 6, 2007.

1. fcnubian

fcnubian New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    I will not be breeding Delilah to Bruin. Nor will Hannah be bred to another nubian buck.

This morning my dog was wounded and was taken to the vet. That vet visit cost my sister $255. All of which I have to pay back.

I had $98 saved up for getting my cats spayed and getting Delilah Bred to Bruin. All that money just went to my sister. And my next two paychecks I'll get tomorrow which will also go to my sister. I'll still owe her quite abit.

2. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    O I am so sorry to hear of your dog....hope all is ok and maybe you could talk with your sis and still have a doe bred? You never know...she may understand.

3. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I am sorry to hear all of your troubles.....

But, I hope that your dog is ok! Everything happens for a reason, so just look up and smile!

Everything will work out!

4. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    I am so sorry that your dog got injured and you can't breed your does to the Nubian buck. Everything will work out in the end

5. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio
    I am so sorry Amy! I know you were really excited about using Bruin. I hope your dog will be okay. Everything happens for a reason.....all for God's master plan. Even though it we can't see it or understand it. You never know....maybe He's got a better buck than Bruin in the future! :D HUGS and prayers coming your way.

6. fcnubian

fcnubian New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    Thanks everyone.

Muffy is doing ok. She's sleeping alot. I don't blame her. She has 7 stitches and she's definately got some pain.

We might breed Delilah to him in Jan...depending if his owner says it ok. I contacted him by email to let him know what was going on. Hopefully that'll work out and I can get her bred to him in Jan...As much as i hate to wait that long i really dont have much choice unless i breed her to Storm...if he's ready.

liz-Unfortunately no there is no way to get her bred. I HAVE to pay her back ASAP because that was an unexpected bill for her. I am very thankful she payed for it because the vets office refused to take payments.

7. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Real sorry to hear that...I unfortunately know all too well about those "unexpected bills"...theres always something that messes with my budget...I am glad that your sis was able to help out with Muffy though...and hope she heals quick...BTW what happened?

8. fcnubian

fcnubian New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    Thanks. We don't know what happened exactly. We believe she was hurt in the night. I don't know if she attacked something or if something attacked her. Mom said that when she left for work this AM Muffy was laying on her cushion snoozing.
    When I cleaned stalls today that is when I saw her wound. She constantly followed me around....LITERALLY stepping on my heels. I thought she was just being silly until she walkd passed me in the stall and saw a glimpse of the wound.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. GSFarm

GSFarm New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Fairview, TN
    Poor baby!

I'm so sorry for all your troubles, but I guess it wasn't meant to be just yet.

10. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh that is just plain upsetting! both things.

well at least there is still a glimmer of hope. Glad your puppy is ok.

11. fcnubian

fcnubian New Member

Oct 22, 2007

I hope tomorrow will be a better day.

I am so tired. Probably stress of today. I'm just glad muffy is home now. :D

12. mystic's_mom

mystic's_mom New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Northern, MN
    Sorry you have to wait to get your Nubi bred!!!

Glad your pup is home and resting though...she'll be up and on her feet in no time!!! :D

13. fcnubian

fcnubian New Member

Oct 22, 2007
  14. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    That is too bad- I know that you must be upset at this but hopefully your Muffy will have a quick recovery and you can go ahead with the breeding in January.
    There seems to be something in the air with things going wrong- I thought it was me but most of my friends have had a lot of unexpexted expenses too.
    I do admire your determination to repay your sister asap.

15. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    That is to bad about your dog, but look at it always in a positive way. It all happens for a reason. Glad to hear the dog is doing better.

16. fcnubian

fcnubian New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    Thanks everyone.

Muffy is perky today! Woohooo :D Still sore of course.

17. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    I'm so sorry for your dog and breeding troubles! Maybe it'll all work out in the end.

(((((HUGS)))))

18. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    I'm so sorry for your dog and breeding troubles! Maybe it'll all work out in the end.

(((((HUGS)))))

19. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    It certainly looks as though something had a hold of her! And very glad that you noticed it before the situation got worse...those "un expected bills" sometimes pay off in the long run...your pup is fine and you still very well may be able to have your doe bred in January. I to think it commendable that you are paying your sister back asap...good job!