The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
We’ve got 6 on the ground, born Thursday. That night 2 came in to get warmed up then back out to momma. The next day a different one had milk scours so came in overnight for electrolytes and to stay warm. Tonight will be our coldest night so far, so we’ll see if any one needs to come in. They seem to be doing well. Three more does due early next week. Hoping they don’t go early as temps are very low this weekend too.

Had to disbud the bucklings in the basement as it is so cold, so now my house smells like burned goat heads. Yuck...

·
Registered
841 Posts
I want baby goats in my house! I'll take anyone's babies that they don't want in their house. :haha: I can't wait any longer for my does to kid!:crazy:
It's fun for the first hour or two. But you're up all night as they need fed every few hours. They're lonely so every time you move they yell for you. Our set up is a large dog crate in the living room and I sleep on the couch so I can keep an eye on them.

·
Registered
211 Posts
It's fun for the first hour or two. But you're up all night as they need fed every few hours. They're lonely so every time you move they yell for you. Our set up is a large dog crate in the living room and I sleep on the couch so I can keep an eye on them.
^^^^Exactly lol. We are going on 6 weeks but ours have graduated to the nursery barn. I never thought at my age I would be up at 02:00 warming up bottles.
It's the little things in life that make it all worth while.

·
Registered
5,939 Posts
^^^^Exactly lol. We are going on 6 weeks but ours have graduated to the nursery barn. I never thought at my age I would be up at 02:00 warming up bottles.
It's the little things in life that make it all worth while.
I have a few years on you and my last human kid turned twenty recently (I had her at 40) but for the last few years it's like I started all over again every kidding season ...never dreamed I'd have babies who needed bottles when I'm almost old enough for social security...but I wouldn't trade it for all the tea in Asia.
They're just sooooo cute :)

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm right with you, Goofygoat. My youngest will be 20 in July, I had her at 39...How I managed to have 3 non-animal interested offspring I can't figure. I told them they weren't my children.
I had planned for March babies this year but Tick knocked out a fence a month early and went on a breeding spree. I will say I hate bottle babies and usually find someone to take them asap. This one, a little girl, had a rough start. She was doing better and then somehow flipped over in her basket and got stuck upside down with her head under her. Now she a bit crooked but hanging in. I may have to duct tape the heating pad to her, she's a wiggler. Uh oh. she's awake. I have to go warm a bottle now...she's so tiny she's wearing a cut off sock.

·
Registered
609 Posts
We have 8 babies born in the last 2 weeks. We had 1 in the house for 2 nights and think goodness it got strong enough to nurse on its own. So 0 in the house now. All are in stalls with heat lamps on them.

·
Registered
5,939 Posts
I'm right with you, Goofygoat. My youngest will be 20 in July, I had her at 39...How I managed to have 3 non-animal interested offspring I can't figure. I told them they weren't my children.
I had planned for March babies this year but Tick knocked out a fence a month early and went on a breeding spree. I will say I hate bottle babies and usually find someone to take them asap. This one, a little girl, had a rough start. She was doing better and then somehow flipped over in her basket and got stuck upside down with her head under her. Now she a bit crooked but hanging in. I may have to duct tape the heating pad to her, she's a wiggler. Uh oh. she's awake. I have to go warm a bottle now...she's so tiny she's wearing a cut off sock.
Awww! Silly baby! Good thing they're flexible.a sock! She must be tiny...picture please I'll bet she's adorable!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts