Badger's home!

Discussion in 'Precious Protectors' started by getchagoat (Julie), Dec 7, 2007.

1. getchagoat (Julie)

getchagoat (Julie) New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Waco, KY
    Badger is home and doing okay. Not up to par, but not lathargic either. He kept nudging my hand at the vet's to be petted. He is started on his medications and I'll get his electrolytes tested next week to see if the doses need to be changed. Haven't slept much this week, so hopefully I'll sleep tonight knowing he's close. Now to learn even more about this disease, doses, what to watch for, etc. Thanks for the prayers and support. Let's hope we don't have any setbacks.

The vet did good. The bill wasn't near what it could have been. Guess he felt bad they misdiagnosed the first time. I think he mis-calculated both his meds, though, and will wait til I get him tested next week to bring it up I think.

2. trob1

trob1 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Middle TN
    Sounds like good progress. I know you are glad to have him home.

3. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    I do hope he gets all better and never looks back- I know he'll be so happy to be home.

4. morganslil1

morganslil1 New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    north carolina
    I know your glad to have him home give him a little extra loving for me. When you get a chance post some more pictures of him....He is a doll.

5. getchagoat (Julie)

Oct 5, 2007
    Waco, KY
    thanks, guys. :) Right now, his back is partly shaved due to the hotspots. Poor thing looks like a haircut gone terribly wrong.

Plenty o pics at http://www.getchagoat.com/ourdogs.html . Good one with his daughter on the home page. His eyes aren't all the way alert yet. I hope to see that within the week.

6. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    well that is nice to hear. Lets pray it is all uphill from here for Badger.

7. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    That is great news Julie. I sure hope he makes a total recovery this time.

8. getchagoat (Julie)

Oct 5, 2007
    Waco, KY
    I think he is high on prednisone. He snuck into the field via the gate this morning after I left. Now I'm worried he will overdo it and get sick again. He is very stubborn.

forgot to tell you, I have found a pharmacy where his meds are down to $22 a month!!!!! Is that incredible or what? Alot of people pay way more than that. God is good and has kept his hand on our Badger that's for sure.

9. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    I am glad he is better. I bet you were very happy to find that pharmacy

10. getchagoat (Julie)

Oct 5, 2007
    Waco, KY
    The lady is wonderful!!! She had an AD dog, so she is very patient with us newbies. :)

11. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    now that is AWESOME! I am so happy to hear it

12. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Oh Julie that's great! I am sure he will live a long and happy life now that you know what is wrong and how to treat it!