Bagging up????**UPDATE!! LABOR

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by 5andcounting, May 10, 2010.

1. 5andcounting

5andcounting New Member

Dec 14, 2009
    Do all goats get a big bag or do they udder up differently according to their bred? :GAAH:

Ok this could get long. I went to the barn last night (remeber ice cream is due today). She was having white and pinkish red stringy discharge. So I moved her to the barn. This was about 8:45 est. I texted and talk to Stacy( thanks very very much by the way) and the vet. she had one big contraction about 10 pm. Finally I checked her (what the vet adn stacy told me to do). No dilation. Hubby and I took turns in the barn with her all night. This morning she has more discharge, redish and white. The vet says that's normal. I am questioning that fact, anyways hubby took the kids to school and I went to work. He went back to check on her she has a small reddish bubble there but no contracts no pushing, it just started to come out as she was walking around having some discharged. The vet doesn't want to see her unless she is in alot of pain and obivously not going anywhere. So we are still just watching and waiting any advice. I can texted pics of the bubbles if anyone wants to give opinions.

2. fiberchick04

fiberchick04 New Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Colorado
    Re: Bagging up????

Really it depends on yeah the breed but mostly the goat. Some breeds of goats are bred for milk, but my cashmeres can produce just as much as dairy goats. So I'd say it all depends on genetics.

3. 5andcounting

5andcounting New Member

Dec 14, 2009

Just wondered I have one due friday and I have never been able to see her teats even up until the past week and now they are hanging down and can be seen without trying but I don't see a bag yet!

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

Do you know her due date?

Usually most ...not all ...bag up 1 to 1 1/2 months prior to kidding....and there are those ...that bag up just prior to kidding or when they kid.... Does are so different.... each are unique.... :wink: If she is a First freshener.....if you can't see the udder filling... than feel and see if... it feels like... some milk is starting to build....you will feel a little bag there... if she is starting to fill...if not ...it will feel flat like....... ....at 1st... we may not see it... but we can feel it... :wink: :greengrin:

5. 5andcounting

5andcounting New Member

Dec 14, 2009

Her due date is friday may 14th she was driveway bresd overnight and the deed done several times. I can see a change just not a big bag like you see in the pics. This is her second baby, but the first baby she has had with us!

6. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

Wow...2nd baby....she should be bagged a bit more.... if she is due that soon...hmm.... :scratch: Is there any discharge or is she looking sloppy in the vulva area..?

7. 5andcounting

5andcounting New Member

Dec 14, 2009

Nope, but she appears to have dropped and her tail looks funny, kinda bent over to one side. She really doesn't want me to feel under there she nearly broke my wrist the othernight when I was trying to feel the baby.

8. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

Can you get a pooch pic?
    a pic of her udder area?
    a side view pic?

9. 5andcounting

5andcounting New Member

Dec 14, 2009

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=14821
    I have the pics posted in this! Sorry they are not great, and they are from a week ago! I will try to get more but it is raining right now

10. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.

Ok, now I am getting confused. how many posts on this doe do you have or is it several different does?

11. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

There are 3... and all are about the same goatie.. :wink:

12. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

I suspect your doe isnt preggy - but I have been known to be wrong

Is there a buck at all where she is kept?

13. 5andcounting

5andcounting New Member

Dec 14, 2009

Yes they are all together but she is our biggest goat. THe rest or small pygmys and the boys are small. She was bred by a buck off of our farm.

14. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

well I think that you little guys got her after she was bred by the big boy. ;)

where there is a will there is a way. believe me it can happen. how do you think they get mini nubians ;) :p

15. 5andcounting

5andcounting New Member

Dec 14, 2009

It's always possible I am sure. She has just never had a silent heat and she cycled like normal 1 cycle then i believe it was 18 days later went into heat again and we drive way bred her and she never showed heat again. But then again we have 5 girls 2 billies and a wether and I have never actually shown a heat like she did. Idk this is all so confusing! I just want to make sure I am there to help her if need be!

16. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

well if she passes her due date like I believe she will and she continues to bag up then you know that she got preggy buy one of your bucks

17. 5andcounting

5andcounting New Member

Dec 14, 2009

Thanks so much. I feel like a pain in the butt, but I am trying to learn!

18. crocee

crocee New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Northeast Arkansas

Don't feel like this as your not. Questions is how we all learn as none of us knew what we know now when we first started out. You learn by asking and hand on training. Your questions may also help someone else who is just starting out but is afraid to ask.

19. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

EXACTLY!!

I am thinking she was likely bred with your boys, most experienced does will fill their udder a minimum of 2 weeks before they kid...starts out smallish then will balloon up.

20. 5andcounting

5andcounting New Member

Dec 14, 2009

Ok I am thinking you all are right. I went down and spent some time in the barn last night, she has no bag but she is getting a considerable amount bigger in the belly. She teats are hanging down more, but I felt under there like stacy said and she doesn't have a bag yet!