bagging up

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by countryboy, Jan 22, 2009.

1. countryboy

countryboy New Member

Dec 7, 2008
    I had three goats all running together. One buck and two does. I sold the buck and kept the does for now. The problem is I never seen the buck do his deed and the does are really doelings. They are making little bags for milk. Do they only make bags when they are bred? I know it's silly, but I'm new to this and they are just starting to form the bags. I'm thinking that it might be like a young girl that they are just developing.

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    if they are bagging up and they were with a buck then yes they are more then likely bred.

You due date frame would be 150- days from when you got them till 150 days from the day he left.

3. countryboy

countryboy New Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Thank you and sorry for the repeat. Don't know how it happen.

4. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I would have to say that those girls are gonna be giving you some babies soon....how old are they?

As Stacey said go by the date that they were first together...and last together, you'll be getting babies in that time line. What breed are they?

5. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I have to triple what was said - :stars: babies soon!!!

6. FunnyRiverFarm

FunnyRiverFarm New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI
    Yup...they got knocked up :wink:

7. countryboy

countryboy New Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Liz, I don't want to leave you hanging. Some where on here there is a thread that subject is trio. They are my first goats. I got the two girls from the sale. I would say they are boer crosses. That's easy to say because they are white with red heads. They are some scrub goats. The thing is we are buying minis now, so I sold the big buck and kept the girls just in case they were bred. I bought them in 5-08 and they were young. I case they were 6-8 month, so I guess they would be a little over a year.

8. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    This is referring to Spot and Dot, right? The 2 Boer cross does?....from your previous pics of them they seem to be big enough to kid with no trouble...their size is comparable to the Boer/Nubian doe my mom has that is a year old...so since they are forming udders then yes, I'd say they are preggy and that those udders will be getting bigger as they get closer to delivery.

When is your little Nigi due?...the one you posted the pic of.

9. countryboy

countryboy New Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Liz, the nigi is due in march 5th.

10. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Wow...we'll be waiting on babies together then! Both my does are due at the earliest March 11th.....Your nigi will do just fine...and I hope she gives you :girl: :girl:

11. countryboy

countryboy New Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Hey, I didn't answer correctly. Yes that is Spot and Dot I was talking about. Oh yeah and we're going get another pregnant nigi this weekend that should have babies the same day.

12. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    I agree with what has been said! I took a look at your post with the pics, and I also agree with Liz that I think they are big enough to carry. And the Nigi Doe is GORGEOUS!! :love: I think you are getting off to a good start in the minis :wink:

13. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca

ahaha.. straight and blunt! love it

14. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    yep ....like everyone else said........... :)

15. countryboy

countryboy New Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Yeah Brandi, thanks to you we are getting the nigis from close to home.

16. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    That's GREAT!!!! :leap: I am really glad the links helped :wink: :hi5: