The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I went through one kidding season and still feel like I know nothing! My Gracie could be due 12/9 or 1/12 but she started bagging up 1 weeks ago her udder isn't big yet but has started bagging and her ligaments are loose what do you think ?

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
I would guess the later date if she just started bagging. Unless she's in poor condition.

·
Super Moderator
14,789 Posts
If this isn't the first kidding I would say the first date. Some bag up at different times though but crossroad is right about ff mine seem to start to bag 2 months ahead of time. Either way I would be ready for kids the first date if no kids a week after the due date you have a few weeks to catch up on sleep again :p 2 due dates really do suck so I feel for ya.

·
Banned
5,939 Posts
Since she just started bagging up a week ago, I'm thinking January. My does generally start bagging up anywhere from a month to 2 months prior to kidding. I've never had good luck going by ligaments, so I don't pay any attention to them anymore. I go by the kids dropping and a thick, white opaque discharge. When I see that discharge after the kids have dropped I usually have somewhere between 12 to 24 hours until they kid.

·
Dave (TDG Farms) S.E. Washington State
4,805 Posts
LOL Crazy, you see the smile face next to the comment, that means smile, laugh, fun, joke. Something I fully understand you are mentally unable to do.

And my typos because of typing faster then I should or changing thoughts in mid sentence are a bit different then using incorrect terms. Notice the sig? Again, making light of the common practice of using the wrong terminology. But Id rather be a "grammar police" then asshat.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts