Bailey finally kidded...

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by SouthernSky, Mar 12, 2008.

1. SouthernSky

SouthernSky New Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Orangeburg,SC
    "Bailey" our eldest doe, who is on day 142 today got her birthing haircut. She was like an angel & just stood there like the sweetheart that she is while I trimmed her up. This was my first birthing haircut so it's not the prettiest I've seen, but she doesn't seem to mind as I gave her lots of treats for being such a god girl :)!!! She was very fuzzy - LOL. Her ligaments are almost totally gone & were pretty mushy tonight so kids soon (in the next few days). Please think :girl: PINK :girl: for me!!!

2. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Re: "Bailey" got her birthing haircut today...

I'm glad she's behaving. Nothing harder than a doe who refuses to stand still for a birthing haircut. I've had more than my fair share of those types. Haha I have two more to do and I expect bad behavior from them. Guess we'll see!

Hope she gives you some does!

3. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa

Do the baby dance :cool: C'mon Bailey!!!!!

4. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca

You Southerners- I would love to do a trim to make the mess cleaning easy but I worry about how cold it still is here- 35 in the mornings. Do you think too cold for a clip?

5. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

It's awesome when they co-operate isn't it? Girly wishes headed your way :girl: :girl:

ETR...did you say MINUS 35*? Dang that it COLD!! I was worried about doing the trims when it was only 6*!!

6. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC

Are you serious? Its 70 here today so that's why we do clippings. Sorry, had to rub it in! I LOVE warm weather! I HATE the cold!

7. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois

Oh I love the does that just stand there and chew their cud. I've had a couple fighters and those aren't fun :roll:

8. SouthernSky

SouthernSky New Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Orangeburg,SC

Bailey is getting very close, she's now on day 143!!! Her ligaments are gone, so kids in the next day I hope. :)

9. Muddy Creek Farm

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Re: Bailey's ligaments are gone now...

Go Bailey! :stars:

10. SouthernSky

SouthernSky New Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Orangeburg,SC

I'm going outside now to do a last baby check before heading to bed. Wish me luck!!! :wink:

11. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC

When she kidded here last year she lost her ligaments and was totally normal all day. She took her good ol' sweet time to kid and she was an old pro at kidding. She knew just what to do. Good luck!

12. SouthernSky

SouthernSky New Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Orangeburg,SC

Still no kids. Ashley, you're right she's taking her sweet old time. As long as all goes well & we get healthy kids she can have all the time she needs- LOL. Her ligaments have been gone since late yesterday evening & she was being very talkative (not usual for her unless feeding time). She is having some discharge & urinating a lot this morning. Of course I have to leave for work at 1 PM today & won't be home until 10:30 tonight :worried: . My hubby will be here till about 5 & then I will come home on my lunch break to check on her. I wish I was off work today!!! She'll probally wait until I'm gone & my hubby leaves for work!!! :hair:

13. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC

Hope she kids easy and with someone there. Easier to get the babies cleaned if someone's there. Good luck.

14. SouthernSky

SouthernSky New Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Orangeburg,SC

Well I am just getting home & she sure is making me wait to see these kids!!! She's on day 144 & when I just went out & checked her the slope of her back has changed & she's holding her tail arched down - so I'm hoping for some kids before I have to go to work tomorrow afternoon or just as long as I'm here. My hubby would have no clue what to do even if I told him - LOL!!! :wink:

15. Anna

Anna New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    Fayette, AL

Babies are on the way!! So exciting!! :dance: :girl: :girl: I'll do the baby dance for her to kid SOON! :cool:

16. Muddy Creek Farm

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa

Ginger's are gone too! Her udder has doubled in size as well. Looks like we are both on baby watch tonight!

17. SouthernSky

SouthernSky New Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Orangeburg,SC

Yes, it sure does!!! I'm getting very excited/anxious now. How do you post pics on here? Everythime I try it tells me that the file is to large.

18. SouthernSky

SouthernSky New Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Orangeburg,SC

No kids as of yet, I just went out to feed the critters. Bailey's having some more discharge & dripping some milk now.

19. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC

Good luck and I hope she kids easily for you!

20. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

Welll....hows it going???? Babies yet??? :girl: :girl: