The Goat Spot Forum banner
21 - 40 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Re: Bailey's ligaments are gone now...

Not to much has changed. Her back has more of an arch to it late this evening, dripping more milk, & her udder is bigger/fuller. Maybe tomorrow, I don't know for sure. I think she maybe waiting for St. Patricks Day to kid - LOL :greengrin:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Re: Bailey's ligaments are gone now...

Not yet. I believe she's having mild contractions - she keeps raising/lowering her tail every few minutes. "Bailey" is on day 145 today, so we will see. LOL - she probally will kid tonight during all the severe weather!!! :wink: Eveyone keep thinking pink for me please. :girl: :girl: :girl:

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Re: Bailey @ day 145 - ligaments gone...

She'll wait till right in the middle of the worse storm and then kid. I'm thinking that's possible with mine too.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·

Well I'm just getting home from work, no kids as of yet. She had no desire to eat much (just nibbled a few pellets up) when I fed them & Bailey :love: LOVES :love: to eat!!! She is still raising/lowering her tail, grunted a few times when she'd raise her tail, tense up a bit, & has some discharge but I could tell for sure what color it was (to dark out there). She seems very "dingy" tonight so maybe in a few hours??? I sure hope so, it's about to drive me crazy :hair: to see the babies!!!

·
Registered
3,597 Posts

C'mon Bailey girl! I hope her kidding goes uneventfully. unfortunatly I have had my share of eventful kiddings, not fun! :sigh:

·
Registered
3,837 Posts

Sounds like anytime now! I know that when most of mine avoid food they're really close. The stretching, tensing up and restlessness is all from contractions. Good luck! Her and Faith are on the same day and Faith's going to be kidding soon too.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Re: Bailey @ day 146 - ligaments gone...

Still no kids this morning. :( She is trying to torture me, I just know it :wink: - LOL!!! She ate a little this am :yum: & has some light brown goopy looking discharge. She is very mushy back there, maybe she really is holding out for St Patrick's Day to kid or after 9PM (when I get off work) tonight will be fine with me. I am ready to seem some kids bouncing around!!! :)

·
Registered
3,837 Posts

Maybe these girls will go today. The waiting is the worse!

·
Premium Member
23,224 Posts

Guarantee that Bailey has had triplets already!! 2 does and a buck I'm thinking her momma's gonna get a big surprise when she gets home tonite! Bailey waited til she heard the car leave then started to push!!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·

I wish I had that surprise- LOL!!! Still no kids when I got home awhile ago, I don't know how much longer she can hold out, her ligaments ar GONE & she very mushy. I am hoping for some St. Patrick's Day kids!!! I have to work tomorrow to (11AM-8PM) so I told her no kidding between those hours when I went out to feed tonight. I gave her a pep talk :greengrin:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Re: Bailey @ day 147 - ligaments gone...

No change yet, except for lots of nesting early this morning. She is trying to drive me crazy :hair: LOL!!!

·
Registered
3,837 Posts

Nestings a really good sign. Come on Bailey don't make her wait any longer!!!

·
Premium Member
10,654 Posts

Samantha, I so feel for you. I am kind of glad I am done for the year because I know that feeling. As soon as you go in and tell her "OK, i guess you are not going to kid are you, I will leave you alone", that is when she will have them. :p :)

·
Premium Member
23,224 Posts

You poor girl!! I can't believe she is still holding on to them babies!! I agree with Ashley though, if she's mushy in the tail AND nesting...its a very good sign that she won't make you wait much longer.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·

I came home from work early & Bailey has a thin stream of amber discharge about an inch long. That is a sign she getting really close right? She's also VERY VERY VERY talkative this afternoon.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts

Yes she sounds ready. I told you she'll take her good ol' sweet time to kid. She'll actually remove the plugs from her teats herself during labor and nest. She made it look so easy. :)

21 - 40 of 96 Posts