The Goat Spot Forum banner
41 - 60 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Re: Bailey @ day 147 - ligaments gone...

I think she may have been working on removing the plugs already about 3AM today because she was nibbling on her teats when I went to check on her & she seemed restless.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts

Well I would think she's getting really close. If you see her having good contractions then she's real close. If she pushes then babies should be there very fast!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·

Still waiting... she MIGHT :shrug: be having mild contractions (not positive, it appears that way). No pushing or anything like that yet. I will be going out to check on her again in a bit & will keep everyone posted on her progress. I hope that she kids SOON!!!

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
Re: Bailey @ day 148

I am going to go to bed now, I am wiped out! I'll check in on you guys in the morning. I hope you get some sleep! And some :girl: :girl: :girl: :girl:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·

Nothing yet. She has been getting the kids lined up ready to go I think :drool: ; very restless, affectionate (she's a friendly girl usually but only on her terms & was all lovey dovey most of the night), tons of stretching all night, more nesting, & a lot of pooping- is that normal?. I have been outside with Bailey until just a little bit ago & I am soooo tired. Also her udder is HUGE (pretty tight also) as of daybreak this morning. :ZZZ: Well I'm going to go take a nap for awhile & will go back out with her in 2 hours or so. I'll keep you all posted.

Ashley- you weren't lying when you said she takes her sweet time were you? LOL - when she was with you, did she kid in the daytime or at night?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·

:( No progress to report as of yet. The kids seem to have dropped down low late this morning when I was taking my nap. I could still see & feel the kids moving around in there until 2PM or so today also. I've heard that when you can still feel the kids moving it will be 12 hours or so before the doe will kid- is that true??? I will go back out in awhile to check on her again (prob.2-3 times) before I go to bed for the night. I hope that she hurries up & has some healthy kids VERY SOON!!!

·
Registered
3,837 Posts

I've also seen kids kicking just a couple hours before kidding so I do not go by that as it is not a reliable fact. Not to mention I've had kids dancing around when I am pulling or have to go in and get them and pull them out. I've had 2 pull back inside the uterous and I had to grab them and pull them out.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·

I just went to check on Bailey & still nothing. I will be going out to check on her 1 more time before bed & will post if any change then, otherwise I will update with any changes in the morning.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Re: Bailey @ day 149...

:greengrin: Thanks, I got a good deal of rest 2AM-9AM. Still no change this morning, all this waiting is pure TORTURE :hair: !!! I wish she would quit playing the waiting game & kid with some healthy babies. Our vet is coming out to check on her progress, etc. this afternoon. My husband told me he had a dream night before last that Bailey waited until Easter for some Easter babies - LOL!!! I said we will see that's past her due date.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·

Well the vet said in a few days Bailey should kid, he even mentioned Monday wouldn't be out of the question. He said all was going well :thumbup: , she was just being a stinker trying to have those babies all to herself - LOL :) I'll update when there's any change.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts

Is it possible you got the date wrong? I cannot see her being as big as she gets going to her due date. Hope she kids soon!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Re: Bailey @ day 150...

Well if she settled to Hero that one time they were bred it was 3/15 @ 145 days I counted 3 times & then again last week just to be sure no mistakes were made. The only other buck the does were exposed to was Charles (I had kept him in the pen with the senior does since Hero was always attacking Charles, - Bailey & Katia were the only 2 does exposed to him). It does appear that Katia settled when bred to Charles, not Hero as she would've been due 3/18 @145 days & she is no where near big enough)

It is possible that Charles bred Bailey a couple weeks later she was bred to Hero, & I just didn't see it happen. I know she's close & the vet agreed. If she hasn't kidded by Monday the vet is going to come out again to do a re-check exam on Bailey.

41 - 60 of 96 Posts