The Goat Spot Forum banner
61 - 80 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Re: Bailey @ day 150...

Yes its very possible. Fuchsia was bred and then bred again about a week and a half later and settled to Rue. Anything's possible in the world of goats.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·

I will mention it to the vet if he has to come back out here on Monday or Tuesday, if she's hasn't kidded by then. I will update when anything changes with Bailey.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts

Well good luck, sounds like a Fuchsia at your farm! Ha!

·
Registered
93 Posts

it sounds like you are going through the same thing I have been going through..! Nerve racking! My dixie I thought was in the beginning of labor and I guess I was wrong. I hope you have some babies soon too!!!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Re: Bailey @ day ???...

Bailey's udder has more than doubled :leap: in the past 2 days, so we're just waiting & watching since she has gone past her first due date & we're un-sure of the exact date she was bred to our other buck. She's getting close, that's all I'm sure of at this point. It sure is nerve racking, especially now not knowing her exact due date :hair: !!!

·
Registered
3,837 Posts

I only bred her once when I owned her and she settled her first heat. I had no trouble with that and she kidded on 147 too.

·
Registered
768 Posts

Hi Samantha,
How is Bailey doing today? I was reading your post here about your Bailey and am just a bit confused by what I am reading???

You posted...
"Well if she settled to Hero that one time they were bred it was 3/15 @ 145 days I counted 3 times & then again last week just to be sure no mistakes were made. The only other buck the does were exposed to was Charles (I had kept him in the pen with the senior does since Hero was always attacking Charles, - Bailey & Katia were the only 2 does exposed to him). It does appear that Katia settled when bred to Charles, not Hero as she would've been due 3/18 @145 days & she is no where near big enough)

It is possible that Charles bred Bailey a couple weeks later she was bred to Hero, & I just didn't see it happen. I know she's close & the vet agreed. If she hasn't kidded by Monday the vet is going to come out again to do a re-check exam on Bailey."
How can this even be possible when you never picked Charles up until December 31st? 150 days would be May 30th and that would be IF and only IF he bred her and Katia on the day he arrived. If any of those kids are born before June, I am sorry but there is no way either of those does could be sired by Charles. Can you explain this as I am a bit confused??? :shrug:

Well anyway, I hope Bailey gives you healthy, thriving babies! :leap: Sorry they weren't Easter babies. Send lots of pictures when kids are born! :)

·
Registered
580 Posts

Well I thought for sure that by the time I read all 5 pages there was going to be news of babies!!!! Man she must be driving you nuts!!! Good luck!

·
Registered
3,837 Posts

The udder pictures you sent to me a couple weeks ago were too big for her to keep going. Has she kidded yet?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·

No, she hasn't kidded yet. She's doing well though.

Ashley - I'll take some pics tomorrow & send them to you so you can see what she looks like now & let me know what you think.

Tina - If Bailey & Katia settled when bred to Charles on 1/1/08 or the following days they would be due 5/16/08 or so, but I THINK Bailey looks way to close to kidding for that. Katia on the other hand is just starting to get a tiny udder & prego belly so I think she for sure settled to Charles. I am just as confused because Hero was only bred to Bailey once & then kept in a pen totally seperate from all the others ezcept when I was outside in the pasture with them. I would let him out to run around but he wasn't ever out of my site & never mounted Bailey, he would chase all the other girls, but not her (she's the herd queen & would keep him in check- LOL)

·
Registered
3,837 Posts

Yes go ahead and send pics.

If they were bred 1/1 they'd be due the 30th. That's 150 days. I use 150 day due dates for my goats.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
Re: Bailey is due SOON...

Bailey is getting close, I wish she would hurry up & kid with some healthy babies :greengrin: !!! As far as the kids they will be un-registered babies. We're almost positive they are from a previous buck we had here on the farm, they just have to be, do to the appearance of Bailey (she's ready to pop). I'll try to post a pic of her that I took on Monday evening, once I can figure out how to post a pic on here.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
:stars: Bailey kidded this afternoon about 2 PM with triplets, :boy: :girl: :boy: . The first born was a gold/white buckling(largest kid out of the 3), then a chamoise doeling with frosted ears was born second, & last was a buckskin buckling with white markings & frosted ears (VERY TINY).

Momma is taking care of her new babies very well & the first 2 born kids are doing fantastic. The last buckling born is just so tiny & is having a hard time even wobbling around to nurse on his own. I think he finally was getting the hang of it though by dark tonight, I hope that he is much better & bouncing around like the other 2 kids tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Congratulations that she finally kidded!!! Beautiful babies by the way, you should post pictures. If you need help I can do it for you. Congrats again! :girl: :boy: :boy:

·
Crazy Goat Lady
4,324 Posts
Congrats! I'll bet you are worn out with all this waiting! I had to have my son show me how to post pics...it's pretty easy...but my mind just wouldn't go there without instruction. Once you get the hang of it you can send us pics. Glad you got a girl...are you keeping her?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
Thanks Ashley for posting the pics for me. I really appreciate it.

Yes, the last born buck is SOOOO little. He's about 1/3 the size as the other buck & doe. The kids & Bailey seem to be all doing well. The little guy who my friend named "Fudge Brownie" due to his colors is much less active than the other 2 kids. He gets up to stretch now & then, or to go nurse, but seems to sleep or just lay around a lot mainly. I tried to offer him a bottle today to see if getting some milk replacer also might give him a little kick start, but he wasn't interested in it to much. I am just worried about him since he's so tiny.

61 - 80 of 96 Posts