The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thank heavens for ultrasound. After the last debacle with Iris and her false pregnancy we are thankful to actually KNOW that this one is bred!

We pick her up from the breeders tonight and will have our due date then. I'm excited.

How do I download that "days until" thingy so that I can further humanize my animal???? LOL

:laugh:

·
Registered
682 Posts
Awe so happy! It is wonderful knowing due dates, even better when you know how many!

Sent from my iPad using GoatSpot

·
Registered
344 Posts
Don't be too sure if the number. Ultrasounds can be really hard to use to get fetal counts. I had It done on two of my does last year. Both does we're supposed to have twins, one had triplets and one had a single. They were right about having 4 kids total though, ha, ha.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bailey's due date September 28th

Finally the breeder let me know Bailey's due date.

Wow, how can knowing a due date make a woman so nuts? I wasn't even that excited when it was my own kid!

Bailey is starting to show her triplets (if the ultrasound was right). :stars:

Now I feel rushed to get everything done. New enclosure, shots, etc.

FUN!

·
14,615 Posts
Congrats, Overplugged! As the date draws near we'll help you by pulling our hair out too.
My only experience with ultra sound was last Sept.
She was supposedly going to have twins mid Dec. Turned out she was not preg at all.:mad: But this yr she was covered a few weeks ago.
Hope yours is right!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@enchantedgoats

I am afraid to buy software, because that will justify the need for more goats! You need lots of goats to keep records, right? More records, more goats. More goats, more records.

Sounds like justification for more goats!;)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bailey's first hoohah photo - day 147

This is Bailey's third kidding, but my first with her. The breeder missed her first two, so Bailey is a tricky one. I'm including a hoohah shot because she's a sly one. She's on day 147. That udder hasn't changed in a week!

And of course the non-farming neighbors always drive by when I'm squatted down with my iphone pointed at my goat's butt...

Any ideas when I should start camping out?

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
She won't let me get near her ligs. Last time I snuck up on her (this morning), they were still there. I can say, even when she was not prego, it was really hard to find them.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Sometime u can see a hollow spot where the ligs would be. Can u get a side shot? I would say she's ready today.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
She's getting ready!! Her udder will get much bigger and look almost shiny when it's huge and tight.....probably in the next couple days to a week. Good luck!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Day 149

No change except that she is has become such a grouch! Her udder hasn't filled up at all since I posted that picture, but then it's hard to see when she scoots away in a huff if I get near.

I told her that with an attitude like hers, I won't be sleeping out on the lawn chair next to her tonight (of course I will). She seemed totally unaffected by my admonishments regarding her behavior.

I guess I can't blame her, she's carrying herself and three kids around, LOL

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
She looks really close... :)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts