The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm new at this site and I wanted to ask some of you I ran across an article this weekend and it was saying that I could put Baking soda in with the goats food it was saying as well that it helps the digestive system.... Has anyone heard of this or have tried this please give me your .....opini127C6DF4-6BA7-460F-939C-9732B916DCA7on

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don't worry I just read an article that you could do this and I wanted to check with the experts ! I will say I thought about it but I want to check with you guys before I did it so now that I heard from a couple of you guys don't worry I won't do it.... Have a good rest of the weekend.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
So if you give them a little every once in a while is that bad???
no that's just fine

they don't really need it. I had to give some to a wether (not recommended by most) I really had no choice.
I have bakingsoda inside my tack room incase they need it but by girls have a really good digestive/ruminum so they don't need it much

·
Super Moderator
58,933 Posts
Baking soda helps with bloated goats. It is fine to give it to a male goat if they are bloated. That is pretty much a one time thing. It is giving it daily to males that is not good.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Glad to of helped and that you asked first. Very responsible goat momma, good job. ;)
Thank you so much for that little comment about being a good mama.. I have always been taught through my life to ask before doing. Thanks again and have a very good week.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts