The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
1,694 Posts
I've heard a lot of people say you only really need to offer it free choice if your goats have access to a lot of grass. Other than that they only need it if they're bloated.

I don't offer it free choice and my girls are on pasture. I just save it for in case they need it and so far I've never had a girl come down with bloat. It really does seem to be an owners preference type thing.

· Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
No he still eats and drinks. But yesterday he didn't act like he felt good. He has the don't want to be caught and jump around syndrome lol. So yesterday when he just stood still and didn't try to get away when I caught him and rub his belly...it kinda concerned me. I talked with the guy I got them from and he said I might should take them off the alfalfa since they are whethers. He said it might be bloating him.

· Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I started them off with about a 1/2 cup each. And over the last few months increased it to about a cup of the pellets. The mixed hay with molasses on it I was splitting a gallon ziplock bag between them over a 2 day period.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.