Bald butt

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Darby77, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Darby77

Darby77 Active Member

Apr 23, 2016
    Hi all. I have an odd problem. My doe sort of urinates on herself. Her fur was always wet, so it eventually fell out in a clump. Now she has a bald butt. I tried to get a pic but she thinks I am going to do something to her so keeps running off. Amy suggestions on what to do? 20190203_071700.jpeg

2. Dwarf Dad

Dwarf Dad Well-Known Member

Diaper rash ointment?
    Do you think pregnancy is keeping her stream weak or possibly stones?

3. Darby77

Darby77 Active Member

Apr 23, 2016
    She is definitely not pregnant, no bucks around. It all started when her leg was bothering her and I think she was urinating while laying down and sometimes she doesn't full squat to pee. Sometimes her urine is strong and she doesn't get wet. I was thinking maybe diaper rash cream, though she won't be thrilled.
    So wash it and spread cream on it? I was afraid everything would stick to her. She looks like the bald bear in The Great Outdoors....my poor doe!

GoofyGoat likes this.
  4. Dwarf Dad

Dwarf Dad Well-Known Member

Yes, wash and apply. I have seen posts where others use diaper rash cream on their bucks for urine scald.
    I thought she was pregnant from the size of her stomach, on right side.

5. Darby77

Darby77 Active Member

Apr 23, 2016
    No, she's just a big fan of hay and chubby. We were working on that when she hurt her leg and has been lame for 2 months (finally improved).
    I will put some cream on tonight. I hope the hair grows back. She has a very thick soft coat otherwise, so it's not a skin issue, has to be the urine. :(

6. SalteyLove

SalteyLove Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2011
    New England
    Yes this does happen with overweight goats. Definitely wash thoroughly, do some fur trimming around the area to keep it shorter, and plain zinc oxide cream. Hopefully her diet plan works! :haha:

Dwarf Dad likes this.